Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s your average wh/mi

moswissa

Mar 20, 2020
Los angeles
My apologies if this thread is already posted, I am interested to hear what everybody’s range and wh/mi is..

I have the performance Y with the 21in wheels and I drive it on sport mode but I drive it like a grandma most of the time. I like how responsive the torque is when I need it and so does my wife. We average about 190-200 wh/mi with AC and music bumping. Is that any good?

I’m new to Tesla and I notice my range indicated is over exaggerated. For example, I’ll leave the house to goto work that’s 10 miles away and my range will drive 15-18 miles... what’s that about? Interested to learn how this works.

Thanks

heems

Jan 10, 2011
San Diego
That’s really low/good. Most are around 240-250 I think. And lead foots hover in the 300s. Not sure how you getting that low.

I don’t use miles display. It’s a guess. Imagine if your iPhone showed minutes left of your battery instead of percentage. You can go around and argue why the minutes left is not exact all day long. Depends on which apps you use, etc etc. Free yourself from that game and set to energy. :)

moswissa

Mar 20, 2020
Los angeles
That’s really low/good. Most are around 240-250 I think. And lead foots hover in the 300s. Not sure how you getting that low.

I don’t use miles display. It’s a guess. Imagine if your iPhone showed minutes left of your battery instead of percentage. You can go around and argue why the minutes left is not exact all day long. Depends on which apps you use, etc etc. Free yourself from that game and set to energy. :)

Wait I’m confused? Is lower the better?

• Funny
Reactions: preilly44

DDrawer

Mar 25, 2019
PA
Yes, that is how many watt hours (how much juice you drain from the battery) you use to travel 1 mile. So using less wattage to move 1 mile is more efficient than using more wattage to move 1 mile.

Seth2020

Mar 25, 2020
Seattle, WA
yeah those numbers are crazy good from an efficiency stand point. But maybe you aren't having as much FUN with you car as you should ;-)

Lead-footing my M3 around the local twisties I am averaging 270-280

hutsy

Mar 9, 2020
Florida
I got 183wh/mi once, in a 4 mile trip that was net downhill with my wife and two young children in the car. Otherwise I’m lucky to get under 300.

preilly44

Nov 1, 2014
Bethesda, MD, United States
In my YP with 21's. Driving through downtown DC so all low speeds. Still impressive though!

Attachments

• 20200403_142321.jpg
    20200403_142321.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 76

moswissa

Mar 20, 2020
Los angeles
yeah those numbers are crazy good from an efficiency stand point. But maybe you aren't having as much FUN with you car as you should ;-)

Lead-footing my M3 around the local twisties I am averaging 270-280

Now that I know how the numbers work. I was driving it like a grandma and seeing how range work, but now that I know, I’ll start driving it like a race car

• Funny
Reactions: Seth2020

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC