Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s your average wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My apologies if this thread is already posted, I am interested to hear what everybody’s range and wh/mi is..

I have the performance Y with the 21in wheels and I drive it on sport mode but I drive it like a grandma most of the time. I like how responsive the torque is when I need it and so does my wife. We average about 190-200 wh/mi with AC and music bumping. Is that any good?

I’m new to Tesla and I notice my range indicated is over exaggerated. For example, I’ll leave the house to goto work that’s 10 miles away and my range will drive 15-18 miles... what’s that about? Interested to learn how this works.

Thanks

That’s really low/good. Most are around 240-250 I think. And lead foots hover in the 300s. Not sure how you getting that low.

I don’t use miles display. It’s a guess. Imagine if your iPhone showed minutes left of your battery instead of percentage. You can go around and argue why the minutes left is not exact all day long. Depends on which apps you use, etc etc. Free yourself from that game and set to energy. :)

That’s really low/good. Most are around 240-250 I think. And lead foots hover in the 300s. Not sure how you getting that low.

I don’t use miles display. It’s a guess. Imagine if your iPhone showed minutes left of your battery instead of percentage. You can go around and argue why the minutes left is not exact all day long. Depends on which apps you use, etc etc. Free yourself from that game and set to energy. :)

Wait I’m confused? Is lower the better?

• Funny
Reactions: preilly44
Yes, that is how many watt hours (how much juice you drain from the battery) you use to travel 1 mile. So using less wattage to move 1 mile is more efficient than using more wattage to move 1 mile.

In my YP with 21's. Driving through downtown DC so all low speeds. Still impressive though!

Attachments

• 20200403_142321.jpg
    20200403_142321.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 149
yeah those numbers are crazy good from an efficiency stand point. But maybe you aren't having as much FUN with you car as you should ;-)

Lead-footing my M3 around the local twisties I am averaging 270-280

Now that I know how the numbers work. I was driving it like a grandma and seeing how range work, but now that I know, I’ll start driving it like a race car

• Funny
Reactions: joeyvu and Seth2020