Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s your color configuration? Take a poll!

What color configuration did you choose?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far seems like Black cars are the least ordered exterior color.

Attachments

• 5D675631-64CE-4ED2-97C7-A09EA9EDE73C.jpeg
    5D675631-64CE-4ED2-97C7-A09EA9EDE73C.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 83
So far seems like Black cars are the least ordered exterior color.

@CSTARZZ you may also want to have a look at the order tracker sheet. More info here: Wiki - Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet. I believe you can slice-and-dice (filter) it to get this same type of info, but across likely a much larger sample size.

For me personally, I'm rarely a fan of black paint on a car. For practical reasons, it seems to show the most in terms of minor damage and also be difficult to keep looking clean. For aesthetic reasons, on many vehicles I think it actually hides some of the lines/character of the vehicle. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think many may shy away from ordering black even if they like the look due to the [real/perceived] worry about keeping them looking clean and undamaged.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
I just ordered the grey Model Y but am having regret. Thinking it may be too boring. Anyone with grey loving their car? I am thinking about switching to white or black. Would love your thoughts!

@Membree12 I'm not sure what things are like in your area, but up here in the Vancouver area, I would say that I most commonly see Model Y's and Model 3's in white. I actually think the Y looks really good in white (especially the back end, where the rear shoulder lines are accented and there is good contrast with the dark plastic at the bottom of the bumper). However, I do routinely notice the bumper color mismatch on white MYs. I am definitely biased, but still think grey is the most practical color, in terms of hiding dirt and minor scratches, plus think it looks great. To be honest, I think the least boring colors are the two you didn't mention: red and blue. The red in particular since it's bright and also because it seems to be the least prevalent color here (likely due to the extra cost over all the other colors).

I just ordered the grey Model Y but am having regret. Thinking it may be too boring. Anyone with grey loving their car? I am thinking about switching to white or black. Would love your thoughts!
I absolutely love it! It's very "classy and elegant" looking IMHO. Getting window tinting done tomorrow so it should really up the looks. If I were to choose another color, I would choose red. The red looks really gorgeous in person. Pics do not do it justice! However, I still prefer my "grey" color :)
IMG-2763.jpg

I absolutely love it! It's very "classy and elegant" looking IMHO. Getting window tinting done tomorrow so it should really up the looks. If I were to choose another color, I would choose red. The red looks really gorgeous in person. Pics do not do it justice! However, I still prefer my "grey" color :) View attachment 694322
Very nice! I am going to add roof racks, mud flaps, tint all windows and paint the calipers (not sure what color yet). Just cant wait to get it!

Very nice! I am going to add roof racks, mud flaps, tint all windows and paint the calipers (not sure what color yet). Just cant wait to get it!
I already added mudflaps. They look like they are factory original and they add just another level of completeness to the vehicle.
Mine is at Xpel right now (they are based here in San Antonio!!!) getting tinted and partial front PPF. I'll post pics when I pick it up in a couple of days. It's weird as I keep getting alerts from the app like "rear trunk was left open" or "front trunk was left open" I thought about closing the rear from the app, but figured I might mess something up if they were working on it :)