Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s your longest drive without charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, time to brag… or share horror stories.

What’s the farthest you have driven your MY without charging? Or your longest leg between charging stops?

I’ve had my MY for one year and my longest so far it’s 231 miles round-trip from Boulder to Laramie, Wyoming. Mostly 50 to 65 mph, A couple thousand feet of elevation change, and fair weather except for a brutal crosswind for about 1/3 of the trip. 263 Wh/m, 100% down to 15%.

195 miles, from Norman, OK, where I spent the night and charged to 100% on their Level 2 charger right before I left, to the Supercharger in Van Buren, AR. I arrived with a little over 20% (can't remember if it was 21% or 23%).

I was the first week of March 2022, so temps were moderate. I drove the speed limit or 5mph over most of the way, except when there was one-lane traffic for a few miles of construction on I-40. During that stretch, traffic was going less than 55mph.

It was pretty boring, but I had been away from my family for a week and a half and so was trying to get home as quick as possible. I think the only reason I would drive that stretch again is if the fabled supercharger in Henryetta, OK, ever actually opens up. ;)

Reactions: boulder.dude
We just returned from a road trip visiting family in Heber Springs AR from our home in southern IL. From the Super Charger in Miner MO to our hotel (Lindsey’s Resort) in Heber Springs AR was 207 miles. The car reported we used 55 kWH. That was just at 4 hours of non stop driving. That was about all our 70 year old bodies could take.

We departed the SCer at 99% and arrived with 17%. Based on that I calculate we could have driven close to 260 miles with a 100% to ZERO charge.

Road trip next week and I’m trying to decide if I can shoot for a 250 mile first leg, to get to a great SC stop (Colby, KS) and bypass some not great SC stops. Maybe if I drive 🐢?
You probably can, depending on the weather. Efficiency drops off dramatically as you get over 60 mph. Supercharging is more efficient if you do more frequent, smaller charges, though, so unless the cops in that town have a warrant for you you’re probably better off making a short stop.

255 miles from Columbia, MD to Cranberry PA on I-70 and a PA Turnpike. 312 miles to start. Ended with 36 on display. TACC set at 68 mph. Late afternoon/eve of clear day, little wind in low 80s. A/C at 72. ‘21 MYLR with driver and 2 passengers and roof rack (empty). Sweated the last 50 miles, but tried to play it cool for the family. ;)
Not too far from mine. We occasionally drive from Bowie MD to Indiana PA, 223 miles. We always charge at Breezewood on the way there, but since Indiana is 1100 feet higher than Bowie we can always make it back without charging, even starting at 90% in the winter.

402 km (251 miles), with 4 people in the car. Don't remember the departing charge level, would have been 90-ish %, still had 10% left. Averaged a little over 100 km/h, trip was mostly at 110-115 km/h with a slower bit at the beginning and end.
274329B6-7B9C-4F6E-8294-E698CF486374.jpeg

Longest so far is 250 miles, 56 kWh, 224 Wh/mi. 100% charge (229 miles) down to 87 miles remaining. One-way trip from about 1300' elevation, over a mountain at 1800' then down to sea level. Max speed of 65 mph with about half at 55 or less. AC use for about 1/3 of trip. I've been watching the estimated range on the consumption graph and its almost always greater than miles remaining at top of screen. So, it should certainly be possible to get the EPA 330 miles of range on an "honest" round trip run. Doubt I'll ever do it though! I'm really impressed with the efficiency of this car. (2022 MYLR - 4th week of ownership)

240 miles driving from Denver to Dallas. This was back in 2020 on the Trinidad, CO to Amarillo, TX stretch. Before that new supercharger was made.

Distance between the two locations was exactly 240 miles and we went from 100 and arrived at 0%.

Not bad considering this was in December in temps between 8-20F. Driving between 60-70