Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What a Biden presidency will mean for EVs, renewable energy and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People call for harmony, but only once their side is in power. Yeah. No.

What I wonder, on the topic of EVs being sold to non-environmentalists... Would you rather we didn’t drive EVs?

We exist. We don’t believe in your perspectives. We believe you’re mistaken (whereas you believe we’re evil). Probably never will bridge either gap. Should we go buy landcruisers or F150s instead?
My other vehicle is a 2020 Ram 1500 with a Hemi engine and I love it. Also had a few Tesla's in the past and jumped on the 69K price.

The USA joined the Paris Agreement in 2016 via an Executive Order from Barack Obama:

President Obama: The United States Formally Enters the Paris Agreement
Defining the Paris Agreement on JSTOR

Interestingly, the second article says they fact that Obama did it that way made it possible for Donald Trump to issue another executive order to unilaterally withdraw.
That is correct, and that was always the problem. Any international agreement which obligates the USA to anything should by definition be a treaty, and the US Constitution says all treaties must be approved by the Senate or they are invalid. Pres. Obama knew there was no way McConnell would allow it to pass, so he called it an agreement not a treaty. So it has no force of US law.

All this nonsense needs to stop. Treaties should be called such, and should go before the Senate, where they should be automatically given fare time and a fair vote.

Reactions: 1windy