Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What a Change - 3 or S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read an article at Electrek. (Tesla Model 3 | Electrek)

The comparison of the pre-alpha prototype and the production version is striking. A I wrong or does the M3 now look more like the body style of the S??

model_3_comparison.jpg

From some of the comments, it looks like Electrek messed this up big time (shocking, I know). They assumed the same wheel size, when in fact the prototype had 20" wheels vs the 19" on the production.

When I saw the article I was thinking the same. Do we know for sure that they are 19's and not 18's that we are looking at?

The OP is saying that the Model 3 looks like the Model S.

Now the conversation is about the accuracy of Electrek?

Let me take the opportunity to respond to the OP's original statement. Yes, indeed. that picture of the Model 3 looks more like the Model S than any other picture I've seen.

ADD it up <----Some of you will understand that statement. lol ( Hint: it has nothing to do with math )

They did not change the shape or the length of the body dramatically.... They did the slightest alteration on the facia and thats just about it.

Take a look at this official Tesla Model 3 measurement.
View attachment 235095

Now compare it to the model 3 alpha measurement by motor trend and you find its the exact same!
Tesla has not published any specs whatsoever. Tesla Link?

The only thing official is here ----> Model 3 | Tesla