TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What a difference a few months make? Richmond BC has 5 new charging locations

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Francis Lau, May 15, 2013.

1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I was in Richmond BC on 2/17/13 and there were no charging locations in the city except for car dealerships. I was planning my next trip and Richmond now has 5 new level-2 charging locations - at the airport, city hall and several community centers. AND all of them are free.

It really feels like charging stations are growing exponentially.

RichmondChargers.png

2. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

Yeah, I noticed that too. Thank goodness too because I'll be visiting Richmond on Memorial Day weekend. Gonna need those chargers.

3. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

I used to think Recargo was the best, but they sure as heck do not show those locations.

4. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I like plugshare more; it seems more updated. Recargo does not seem responsive.

5. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

I always used PlugShare because Recargo needed iOS6. And I didn't update my iPhone to iOS6 until a jailbreak was available.

That's my reason for using PlugShare more. I probably represent 0.0001% of the EV population because of it. :smile:

6. almostFitToEat

Fantastic-just saw this! @FrancisLau thank you for sharing this - you ROCK! Headed up to BC in early August so this will come in handy (in addition to Burlington).

7. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I am heading up to Richmond BC on Saturday 7/6 so I will report on the new chargers up there. Hopefully, the Burlington supercharges are ready too.