Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What a Horrid Company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok..So their Service is horrid, and TESLA makes promises they do not keep. The left hand does not talk to the right hand, and the company avoids talking to their customers.
But now, in 2020, they drop the price of the model 3 almost $10,000, therefore depreciating the value of anyones model 3 that was purchased prior. WHAT A POS MOVE!
Oh, and after the dealer promised no changes to the model 3, 25 Changes That Tesla Made To The Model 3 With The 2021 Refresh
I will never buy another TESLA...I am going back to BMW or Porsche..

Ok..So their Service is horrid, and TESLA makes promises they do not keep. The left hand does not talk to the right hand, and the company avoids talking to their customers.
But now, in 2020, they drop the price of the model 3 almost $10,000, therefore depreciating the value of anyones model 3 that was purchased prior. WHAT A POS MOVE!
Oh, and after the dealer promised no changes to the model 3, 25 Changes That Tesla Made To The Model 3 With The 2021 Refresh
Please do as they need the customers.

• Disagree
Reactions: DustyRider
You had me with you right up until you went in on them making their cars more affordable and better being a "POS move" which is backwards logic and a stagnant approach on innovation that is born from the incumbent car manufacturer's thinking of doing just enough to stay afloat. I agree though that the way Tesla has pivoted in how they treat their customers will spell their demise as soon as said incumbent manufacturers start offering EVs even remotely close to what Tesla produces, sadly. It was a good run...

You wrote, "But now in 2020, they drop the price almost $10,000..." Your time stamp is dated 4/5/2021, so exactly when was this $10,000 price drop initiated? Was it in 2021 or was it in 2020? I ordered my M3 in July of 2020. There has been no $10,000 price drop since then, and I don't remember hearing of any price drop in 2020 prior to July, so could you tell me exactly when this price drop happened? And by the way, I've only had to have Tesla service my car once since I bought it and I found their service to be excellent. If I had waited to get the 2021 refresh, yes I would have gotten an extra 30 or so miles of range, a slightly better looking center console, and a more efficient heat pump. But when you buy any car you can expect updates and improvements from one model year to the next. At least the changes were minimal, unlike the Corvette that went thru a radical redesign recently that included going from a front mounted engine to a mid-mounted engine and a much more pleasing interior and exterior design. Oh and what about that new grill on the BMW's? UGGGLYYYY!!!!!

You wrote, "But now in 2020, they drop the price almost $10,000..." Your time stamp is dated 4/5/2021, so exactly when was this $10,000 price drop initiated? Was it in 2021 or was it in 2020? I ordered my M3 in July of 2020. There has been no $10,000 price drop since then, and I don't remember hearing of any price drop in 2020 prior to July, so could you tell me exactly when this price drop happened? And by the way, I've only had to have Tesla service my car once since I bought it and I found their service to be excellent. If I had waited to get the 2021 refresh, yes I would have gotten an extra 30 or so miles of range, a slightly better looking center console, and a more efficient heat pump. But when you buy any car you can expect updates and improvements from one model year to the next. At least the changes were minimal, unlike the Corvette that went thru a radical redesign recently that included going from a front mounted engine to a mid-mounted engine and a much more pleasing interior and exterior design. Oh and what about that new grill on the BMW's? UGGGLYYYY!!!!!
I was told this in 2020 By the Dealer.....And during a service date, I had a pre-arranged Loaner, which was revoked, because the guy that did the lengthy part of the service was not in on Wednesdays. So TESLA made me pay for an appt. I needed to get to that day. when I returned they had damaged my steering wheel. Other times, they told me I had to bring the car to a service station an hour away, when I got there, this was not the case. plus more....Still think they give good service?

I was told this in 2020 By the Dealer.....
You had me with you right up until you went in on them making their cars more affordable and better being a "POS move" which is backwards logic and a stagnant approach on innovation that is born from the incumbent car manufacturer's thinking of doing just enough to stay afloat. I agree though that the way Tesla has pivoted in how they treat their customers will spell their demise as soon as said incumbent manufacturers start offering EVs even remotely close to what Tesla produces, sadly. It was a good run...
True..no other company yet has the tech of TESLA. However, when a car is offered at a price in the mid to upper 50's, and after seed money is established, ands you outsell the other EV's, dropping the price by almost 20% screws the owners of the earlier models, for kbb.

Buying a new car isn't an investment. Buying a new car from what is effectively a boutique start-up even less so. Tesla is going to continue lowering prices as they lower costs. They've already proven this. It's not like you had no idea based on the track record. Tesla is legitimately a terrible company but not for lowering the prices as costs are decreased. That's one of the few good things they've done and complaining is kind of a selfish move.