Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What about License Plates? SnapPlate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good ol NJ. Was hoping for a good solution here as well.
Well I got the bandit. Tried it out (don't have my plates yet) and it seems to work OK. If you don't lock it in with the security screw, it comes on and off literally in seconds. And I think the SnapPlate is probably a good choice as well.

Ah, Succasunna. Went to Rutgers with some people from there. Got a niece in there area as well (Randolph). I'm between Somerville and Princeton.

An odd option. Never heard of it before. Looks like you're unique with that $50 sticker but a couple states are optional if no front mount supplied which appears to be your case. But none seem to have a sticker or charge for it. I consider myself lucky that NJ doesn't make me pop rivet one to my forehead.

Well truth be told, a front mount was provided in the form of that double sided tape mounted frame...but shucks, I must've misplaced it somewhere!

• Funny
Reactions: spokey
Yes, have it, it's great. Took around 3 weeks after ordering to get it (along with the DMV letter).

They will send it out around the same day as you get the DMV letter.

I followed their directions and temporarily taped it low and to the center of my bumper and used FSD. All was well so I installed it. Now my front looking at radar doesn’t tell me how close I am to an obstacle.

Did you have any issues with that?

Another happy SnapPlate owner here. I ordered mine before I took deliver of my MY. Luckily they started shipping around the same time that Washington mailed me my plates, so I was only without a front for a couple days (and those were days I wasn't driving anyway). To be fair at the time the Bandit was out for the MY. That being said, I'd probably still go with SnapPlate again as between the design and the great customer service, nothing is driving me to change.

• Love
Reactions: EveryAmp
Another happy SnapPlate owner here. I ordered mine before I took deliver of my MY. Luckily they started shipping around the same time that Washington mailed me my plates, so I was only without a front for a couple days (and those were days I wasn't driving anyway). To be fair at the time the Bandit was out for the MY. That being said, I'd probably still go with SnapPlate again as between the design and the great customer service, nothing is driving me to change.
Appreciate the kind words and glad to hear you've had a great experience.

Hmmm... unless any of them are invisible I am not covering the ultrasonic sensors, so I wonder what happened?
You're not the first to report that problem. We've seen it on some Model 3s as well. It doesn't affect everyone so that's odd. There must be some metallic property to the sticker or just purely selective placement.

When designing the SnapPlate we had to account for where the physical metal plate sat, as not to upset the autopilot sensors. We learned that older AP HW versions were more selective than the newer.

What specifically do you want to know? I installed the SnapPlate on my Model Y last July. I have not had any issues. Since the original SnapPlate was introduced the product has been redesigned so you can leave the SnapPlate installed when using a drive through car wash. The company is now EveryAmp.com

I followed their directions and temporarily taped it low and to the center of my bumper and used FSD. All was well so I installed it. Now my front looking at radar doesn’t tell me how close I am to an obstacle.

Did you have any issues with that?
I know this is late, but my detailer installed my license plate wrap after doing the PPF and I haven't had any such issues. I have a tight parking spot and rely on the distance information.

• Informative
Reactions: JackLuminous
I have one on mine and like it very much. A little pricey, but it is nice to be able to remove the plate for washing or having it in your trunk in the off chance you get pulled over and they notice no front plate. It appears to be 3D printed but is very secure and easy to take on and off.