Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what about parallel parking

Blucenturion

May 31, 2019
Humboldt Co., CA
I used to be able to park a long body van, now a Model 3 flummoxes me, what with the back up camera, and the car not displaying "P" when it should. It's done it sporadically, but I suppose it's in beta, so.

Attachments

• parallel.jpg
    parallel.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 30

AlanSubie4Life

Efficiency Obsessed Member
Oct 22, 2018
San Diego
Should have used/purchased AutoPark! ;)

Seriously, you get used to it. Have to calibrate yourself to figuring out how much to believe the white lines in the backup camera (assuming it's working ;) ), and eventually you'll get used to it. I still err on the side of caution. No curb rash...yet...

THX723

Jul 24, 2018
Southern CA
I used to be able to park a long body van, now a Model 3 flummoxes me, what with the back up camera, and the car not displaying "P" when it should. It's done it sporadically, but I suppose it's in beta, so.
Likely you did not move forward far enough for the B-pillar camera to fully paint the 'gap' or you were simply too far from the curb.
Next time try creeping forward more, where your B-pillar is past the tail of the car to-be-in-front.

BigMskiman

Mar 14, 2016
Pleasanton, CA
Likely you did not move forward far enough for the B-pillar camera to fully paint the 'gap' or you were simply too far from the curb.
Next time try creeping forward more, where your B-pillar is past the tail of the car to-be-in-front.
That's right, exactly the likely cause.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC