TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What about steering wheel controls etc. ?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by secondstage, Jun 23, 2016.

1. secondstage

secondstage Member

Hi guys
    Electrek just posted a new photo of the interieur. I knew since the presentation, that there is no steering wheel controls like in the Model S or X. But what is about Autopilot and whiper control? How do you do that? Is there just no Autopilot (i think so) and no windscreen whiper (really) in the alpha prototype? Or can you control that via Voice or Gesture? What do you think guys about the steering wheel design, do you like it?

Picture
    New Tesla Model 3 prototype pictures with rare shot of the interior [Gallery]

2. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

It's the Model 3 from the reveal, which Musk said wasn't the final form.
    Full article at:
    The Tesla Model 3 will have futuristic 'spaceship' steering controls, says Elon Musk

Remember, they're still doing final design. The final form won't be seen until the part 2 reveal.

3. secondstage

secondstage Member

Edit:
    Mhh okey, the silver one from the presentation has a windscreen whiper shifter. But how do you change your music, open the roof etc... without the steering wheel controls? Via the touchscreen? Still wait for unveil Part 2...

Attached Files:

4. secondstage

secondstage Member

Yes I know. But why they should develop a new steering wheel just for unveil, and later they completly change it? They could just use the steering wheel from the S. I think steering wheel looks really final.

5. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

#5 S'toon, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiberius

Tiberius Member

7. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

While Tesla agreed to loan a prototype to Motor Trend earlier this year, the automaker refused the publication access to shoot the interior of the vehicle, which is expected to change significantly in the production version. Tesla’s own promotional pictures never featured the interior.

That's a direct quote from the article. Why in the world are they able to publish interior photos?

Hmmm....

8. Adrien

Adrien Member

The only thing that's certain is the pictures above are not the control systems. Elon hinted end of this year to announce part 2

9. Garlan Garner

All I can say is..... I trust Tesla..... The Model S and Model X are phenomenal.

I don't believe Tesla is going to blow its phenomenalness on the M3.

• Funny x 1
  10. Garlan Garner

To be honest.... I don't see any spaceshipness in the sketches. All I see is a steering wheel with a hole in it.

If that's all it takes then I will bring my saw over and make anyones car into a spaceship in 10 minutes.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. alseTrick

alseTrick Member

Why did Electrek think this was worth of an article? Literally nothing new. Nothing. Anybody that has bothered to do a 5 second google search has already seen the interior.

12. Garlan Garner

I want to see the batteries and the motor.

• Like x 1
  13. Pluto

Pluto Member

#13 Pluto, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    You might find this video helpful, see 7:06 for the part that goes into detail about the hardware makeup of the Model 3: