Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What about the INTERIOR now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To steer this back to on-topic:

I think the interior, as well as some of the exterior, finalized designs are being held close to the chest on purpose as Tesla likes to do. Not too long ago, when Motor Trend went to do the photo shoot at the Gigafactory, they were strictly instructed not to document interior, and Elon made it clear that the interior was not finalized for the prototypes at the reveal.

Here's why: At this point, nearly every company SHOULD BE working on a competitor for the Model ≡. The Leaf, the Bolt, the i3, just the beginning. Now that other car companies have seen the literal demand for the ≡, they're hot to get one of their own going. Tesla blows minds, that's what they do (personal opinion) so why would they show everything they're doing and making now just so other manufacturers can implement their own "version" of Tesla's tech or design? They're protecting themselves, bottom line.

So in a nutshell, look at the S interior, look at the X interior. I have full faith in the ≡'s interior, features, and functions. When the car is released finally, the other companies can just say "that was a great idea" instead of "that's just like OURS".

Reactions: ZachShahan
If they are accelerating the production schedule to 500k units by 2018, I don't see how or even why they would change from the design they have. The person demoing the car pretty much said it is close to production and that was a month ago.

If they are accelerating the production schedule to 500k units by 2018, I don't see how or even why they would change from the design they have. The person demoing the car pretty much said it is close to production and that was a month ago.

My theory is there are 2 versions of the Model 3 floating around.

One version is what we saw March 31st, and a few "in the wild" sightings so far. (the Alpha prototypes)

The other version, the Beta prototype(s) are being tested in secret/indoors, and those include the finalized interior layout.

But as @PTADO said above, Tesla won't let us see it until we're much closer to the reveal.

Reactions: zenmaster
I have full faith in the ≡'s interior, features, and functions. When the car is released finally, the other companies can just say "that was a great idea" instead of "that's just like OURS".
First they'll say it's impossible. Then they'll say it's impractical. Then they'll say it's too expensive. Then they'll call it obvious. Then they'll make a copy and describe their different-and-crappy version as somehow better.