Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Acceleration Mode is everyone using?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep our 2019 Raven S in chill mode. The freeways locally here are so busy I don't see an advantage to fast acceleration (it can accelerate too fast and actually cause problems). Occasionally I put it in standard (we only have standard & chill) just for fun. I have never been a drive fast driver. Always have had larger American sedans. Getting rid of my Buick LaCrosse for the Model X I have ordered.

Reactions: midnighTesIa
Insane for me. There is an Insane + but all it does is take forever to preheat the battery and use a lot of juice. Dragstrip is the only place that it could be useful. I did take it to the drags one time, but that was before I had the +.

Plaid all the time. Your foot is the modulator. No reason not to have that power when you want it/need it.
assuming that you don't accelerate any more than you would do in sport, does just having it in plaid affect the range? I think it may keep the battery heated/cooled to optimum temperature all the time, which I suppose would slightly affect the range. maybe not, and I might be wrong on that anyway. I'm not talking about drag strip mode, just Plaid vs. Sport.

Reactions: Maximus023
assuming that you don't accelerate any more than you would do in sport, does just having it in plaid affect the range? I think it may keep the battery heated/cooled to optimum temperature all the time, which I suppose would slightly affect the range. maybe not, and I might be wrong on that anyway. I'm not talking about drag strip mode, just Plaid vs. Sport.
No range effect. Only drag-strip mode affects the range as that heats/cools the battery pack as necessary.

Are you the one who said that his range is lower than it is supposed to be? I am confused. If you drive In plaid mode all the time no brained your range estimates are lower. Or I am missing something?
Plaid mode just gives you the ability to put your foot down for acceleration. If you don’t put your foot down, it won’t accelerate hard. There should be no range difference between Plaid and Chill.

Are you the one who said that his range is lower than it is supposed to be? I am confused. If you drive In plaid mode all the time no brained your range estimates are lower. Or I am missing something?

Plaid mode just gives you the ability to put your foot down for acceleration. If you don’t put your foot down, it won’t accelerate hard. There should be no range difference between Plaid and Chill.

Yeah, I think Plaid mode as well as all the other modes just change throttle mapping or power delivery in our case.