Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What accessories are people buying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got two speeding tickets this year. Where are you going to install the laser blasters?
That depends on which car you have (pre-post refresh, X or S). You can find various installation positions in the pictures linked below (scroll down, there are a couple of Tesla installs there).
Images of Stinger VIPs installed in customer vehicles

If you want to do some research on radar detectors and laser jammers, check out rdforum.org. For MS or MX you'll need at least 3 heads for the front for good coverage.

Which of the 3 options did you get and can you share some photos?

I originally bought the Ludicrous Rear console and now have added the same for the front. So I have 4 Blue LED cup holders. Great for just holding stuff from flying around the car.

Blue Single Lit.jpg

Reactions: Dog lover 1
Weather mats and tire repair kit. The kit I will probably never use. But in emergency it does help. I also bought mats for the frunk, trunk, and under carriage storage area. Basically all weather mats everywhere.

I am looking to upgrade the stock LED lights in the trunk and frunk so I can get better light. The upgrade is a bit expensive and requires you pop open and remove the oem led. I might skip it for now or just build a battery powered led switch and use that when needed.

Definitely skip the roof shade because I found out it was not need.

Also I highly recommend wrapping your car. Or at least the front to avoid rock chip and such during the drive. This accessories can be expensive though.

Who did your wrap? I live in San Diego and am taking delivery March 9th.

Thank you,

Aaron

BBB4000 said:
Thanks! Any idea roughly how much people are paying to get something like Xpel installed? I have a Pearl White MS on order. Is it necessary for white as well?

I installed Xpel on the entire front of the car (everything in front of the doors: bumper, entire hood, front fenders up to the door, rearview mirrors, support between the windshield and the window of the front door). I also covered the thresholds to all four doors and the back hatch. This cost $1800. I do not recommend coverage of half of the hood. Dirt will collect along the seam. When you cover the entire hood, the edge are curled underneath and are not visible.

The day after installation, a small number of tiny buckles appeared the edges of some extremely curved surfaces (such as the rearview mirrors). I contacted my installer. He came to my home and resolved the buckles at no charge.

The quality of the final result depends on the quality of the installer. Find the best, not the cheapest.

Certainly agree about the full vs partial and glad your installer helped you out. For anyone looking to get clear bra on your Telsa, take a look at my Tesla clear bra page which contains information to help guide you on what you need to look for. If anyone has questions I'd be more then happy to answer them here or by pm.

Who did your wrap? I live in San Diego and am taking delivery March 9th.

Thank you,

Aaron
I did it myself. It is not top notch quality but from a distance, no one can tell the difference. And only when I point out the flaws do people realize them.

It is not that difficult to do it yourself, especially if you can get someone else to help you with the work. The key is to swipe always 1/2 length to get rid of the water and bubble. I would check the dealers to see if they are willing to sell you sheets of xpels. There are tons of online videos to show you how properly install them.

I did it myself. It is not top notch quality but from a distance, no one can tell the difference. And only when I point out the flaws do people realize them.

It is not that difficult to do it yourself, especially if you can get someone else to help you with the work. The key is to swipe always 1/2 length to get rid of the water and bubble. I would check the dealers to see if they are willing to sell you sheets of xpels. There are tons of online videos to show you how properly install them.
I have done clear film wraps before also. Take your time and watch the videos and you will be OK.

For our new S 100D (which will replace our early VIN S P85 as our road trip car), we're not likely to get many accessories.

We'll want a carpet for the rear trunk area. Will probably not want one of the weatherproof mats, because they'd make it more difficult to access the lower storage area, which we use with our Tesla bag when we transport our golf clubs on road trips. Though we may just move the rear trunk carpet from our S P85 instead of buying a new mat.

We had factory protection film on our S P85 (no longer an option). The unprotected paint on our P85 still looks fantastic, so we probably won't bother with film protection on the S 100D - and will continue with hand washing the car, and parking the car inside overnight - which seemed to work well for the P85.

We will buy a Tesla tire pump and repair kit, even though we never used it for the P85. For $50, that's a reasonable investment for use on road trips.

Instead of purchasing a 2nd HPWC, we decided to go with the 14-50 cable. We already had a 14-50 outlet in the garage for a second EV, and it's less expensive to use the 14-50 cable than paying to run another 100A circuit and install an HPWC. And we really haven't found a need to charge faster than what we can get from a 50A outlet.

We ordered a center console for the P85 - which is now included for free in our S 100D - so we won't need that feature.

We might order a couple of Red FOB covers to go with our new Red S 100D (with the white/black "stormtrooper" exterior).

Once accessory we made for the P85 were temporary seat covers to place on the seats when returning home from a round of golf. We didn't want to sit on the leather seats after carrying our golf clubs for 18 holes. So we bought some large black towels and added some snaps so we could quickly drop them on the front seats. For the ultra white seats in the new S 100D, we'll likely buy another set of towels, white this time. to protect the seats when we're wet and dirty.

I'll review the adapters in the UMC bag. We bought a few extra adapters for the P85, which we really haven't needed - and will likely move the extra adapters from the P85 to the 100D. Though with the expanding SuperCharger and Destination Charger network today, there isn't the need for the UMC adapters, like there was when we got our P85 4 years ago - and there weren't any Tesla charging options for road trips.

Since the CPO was a stretch for our budget we really don't have any accessories. Free umbrella we got in our goodie bag is in the trunk area and we did purchase the cargo net for the frunk (with $20 bucks its nice to have the organization). We did tint the windows (with the exception of the pano sunroof - its already really dark) because - Texas. No tint is really harsh in Texas. Its "winter" here in Texas (I think we topped 80 yesterday), and my wife and I couldn't even deal with the solar loading then - summer would be nigh impossible.

I DO want the all weather mats (everywhere), the two additional UMC adapters (my father in law has a NEMA 6-20 in his garage and every year we make a trip to galveston for a family reunion and the houses we stay at have outside NEMA 5-20 outlets - so both would get some light use and seems to be worth the $45 bucks), and the CHAdeMO adapter.

Here is my list so far

1 - Lloyd Luxe mats for front, rear and trunk. Skipped the frunk and trunk well
2 - Trunk organizer that fits into the trunk well (Rola 59001)
3 - Abstract Ocean Screen protector set (have the clear hd installed now)
4 - Zento seat belt shoulder pads
5 - Adams car care kit
6 - Abstract Ocean LED set of 4 + 1 (havent replaced them yet)
7 - Wheel valve caps with Tesla logo
8 - Blue T logo for wheel center off ebay, might not last though, will probably go with EVeverything CF
9 - Royal Oxford seat protector for Diono Radian RXT convertible car seat

Pending

Sun shade for windshield
Carina console
Tint for windows