Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What accessories are people buying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been very happy with these floor mats. They work great for keeping your floor clean and catching any mud, snow, sand, etc. They are also very light weight and easy to pull in and out for cleaning. I've had them for a few months now.

Also, Amazon indicates they don't fit a refresh Model S, but they fit mine just fine with no issues at all.

Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider L1TL00001509 Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Tesla Model S Models - Kagu Rubber (Black): Automotive

I've been thinking about getting this Blackvue dashcam as well. I have a cheaper single channel dashcam currently, and it has a great picture and very good resolution, but the Blackvue installs so much cleaner and I like the 2 channel version also. Just haven't been able to pull the trigger on it yet.

Amazon.com : Blackvue dg650-2ch-16gb Car Box/DVR Recorder, Built-in Wi-Fi, Cloud, Full HD, G Sensor, GPS, 16GB SD Card Included, Upto 128GB Support, Black : Car Electronics

Someone else mentioned this upthread as well I believe, but I've got two of these trunk organizers and love them. It fits perfectly in the hidden space in the trunk, so I have one there to keep that space organized, and then I have another one that sits in the main trunk area for groceries, etc. It also folds easily and quickly away in case you need the whole floor space.

Amazon.com: Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer: Automotive

Last edited:
The new standard console that came with our S 100D uses a different mount for the microUSB connector. The original Tesla console had this as a hard plastic piece, that was rigid enough to keep the phone in place while the car was accelerating (though using pressure on the charging port may not be a good strategy!).

The new console has a rubber piece holding the connector, that has enough give, that the phone pops off while the car is under acceleration.

Tesla provides two sets of inserts - that provide mounting guides for some phones (iPhones?). They don't work with my Galaxy S7 Edge, in or out of its protective case.

Has anyone come up with an alternative way to mount phones on the Tesla charging connector, without using Tesla's inserts?

The new standard console that came with our S 100D uses a different mount for the microUSB connector. The original Tesla console had this as a hard plastic piece, that was rigid enough to keep the phone in place while the car was accelerating (though using pressure on the charging port may not be a good strategy!).

The new console has a rubber piece holding the connector, that has enough give, that the phone pops off while the car is under acceleration.

Tesla provides two sets of inserts - that provide mounting guides for some phones (iPhones?). They don't work with my Galaxy S7 Edge, in or out of its protective case.

Has anyone come up with an alternative way to mount phones on the Tesla charging connector, without using Tesla's inserts?

I gave up on using the Tesla inserts. Couldn't figure out how to use them at all. I've always used ProClip mounts in my past 3 or 4 cars and have been very happy with them, so got one for the Model S and haven't looked back. They are great.

I have some home superchargers lol

Attachments

• 20171029_171050-01-01_edited.jpeg
    20171029_171050-01-01_edited.jpeg
    661.7 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: SpudLime