Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What accessories are people buying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now I am considering the all weather mats and panoramic roof sunshade. Any recommendations from people on what they found useful and not useful?

What about where you bought it? I see Amazon has some off brand alternatives to the weather and the sun shade.

I'm considering getting the all weather mats too (winter's coming!). Where would you recommend getting these? The Tesla Store online here says it's out of stock: Tesla — Model S All-Weather Interior Set
Could try and see if your local Service Center has a set or wait until they restock but based on what I've read here on TMC the ones from the manufacturer aren't a great fit with curling edges in the back plus they dont have the Tesla logo and cost more.

Right now I am considering the all weather mats and panoramic roof sunshade. Any recommendations from people on what they found useful and not useful?

What about where you bought it? I see Amazon has some off brand alternatives to the weather and the sun shade.
I thought the sun roof would be an issue (since I don't really care for them) but, I have to admit, it is much darker than I expected and I barely notice much light/heat coming in through the top. I would probably never use the pano sun shade.

There have been those that have physically compared the newer WeatherTech mats and the latest Tesla front mats and have concluded that they are probably the same, with only the logo being different. And now they are practically the same price, so if you cannot order a set through Tesla, you can get them from WeatherTech for $250.

A dash cam is nice, but a little expensive, and there are many threads here on the subject.

Like @SDRick mentioned, I would definitely recommend a trunk organizer, as there is so much room back there, and things tend to slide everywhere (well, if you drive like I do!) I went with this from Amazon after someone else here recommended it. It seems well made, sturdy, with a non-slip base. And the coat hooks are a nice thing to have. I purchased a set from EV Hooks, also after someone else here recommended them. A little pricey, but sturdy. They took a little while to ship, so plan accordingly.

And the last thing I bought was a couple of non-slip, nice-looking plastic baskets/trays from The Container Store to place in the back of my center console. The space back there seemed impractical for small items since they would just slide around (sometimes all the way under the phone cradle area).uc

You can PM if you need more specifics. Good luck!

Will try asking em - thanks.

How about these? Any thoughts/suggestions? https://www.amazon.com/ToughPRO-Tes...d=1477829874&sr=8-6&keywords=tesla+floor+mats
I have heard others talking about similar mats. They are cut from an uniform layer of material, so you do not get the "lip" around the edges to hold in large amounts of snow, mud, etc. They do, however, have all the little "cells" to help hold in liquids, but they are not very deep. Just depends on what your needs/budget are...

Things I bought include:
- 3rd party center console
- cubby holder (came with console as addon, has problems sticking sometimes but invaluable)
- cell phone holder x2
- dog seat cover
- tesla chademo adapter
- tesla outdoor cover
- key holder (blue)
- usb drive (I never use it though)
- four port usb charger

I second what was said about about the shade not needed. I too was very scared that it would be too bright as every car with a sunroof I rented I normally had the hard cover closed but never been an issue and I would say its not needed. I just have the standard mats too.

I've ordered:

- Fob Pocket
- Alloygator rim protectors
- My paint protection film installer is doing a matte screen protector
- Aftermarket spoiler

Still picking out:

- All weather mats
- Trunk cover (for dogs or trips to Lowes)
- Trunk organizer
- Debating the Evannex cubby compartment
- Seatbelt pad

I'm planning on doing Spectra Photosync 75 on windshield and pano so I don't intend to use any shades.

If I buy some kayaks or move back to ski country I'll be getting a roof rack

Weather mats and tire repair kit. The kit I will probably never use. But in emergency it does help. I also bought mats for the frunk, trunk, and under carriage storage area. Basically all weather mats everywhere.

I am looking to upgrade the stock LED lights in the trunk and frunk so I can get better light. The upgrade is a bit expensive and requires you pop open and remove the oem led. I might skip it for now or just build a battery powered led switch and use that when needed.

Definitely skip the roof shade because I found out it was not need.

Also I highly recommend wrapping your car. Or at least the front to avoid rock chip and such during the drive. This accessories can be expensive though.

I thought the sun roof would be an issue (since I don't really care for them) but, I have to admit, it is much darker than I expected and I barely notice much light/heat coming in through the top. I would probably never use the pano sun shade.

There have been those that have physically compared the newer WeatherTech mats and the latest Tesla front mats and have concluded that they are probably the same, with only the logo being different. And now they are practically the same price, so if you cannot order a set through Tesla, you can get them from WeatherTech for $250.

A dash cam is nice, but a little expensive, and there are many threads here on the subject.

Like @SDRick mentioned, I would definitely recommend a trunk organizer, as there is so much room back there, and things tend to slide everywhere (well, if you drive like I do!) I went with this from Amazon after someone else here recommended it. It seems well made, sturdy, with a non-slip base. And the coat hooks are a nice thing to have. I purchased a set from EV Hooks, also after someone else here recommended them. A little pricey, but sturdy. They took a little while to ship, so plan accordingly.

And the last thing I bought was a couple of non-slip, nice-looking plastic baskets/trays from The Container Store to place in the back of my center console. The space back there seemed impractical for small items since they would just slide around (sometimes all the way under the phone cradle area).uc

You can PM if you need more specifics. Good luck!

Does this particular trunk organizer fit into the recessed area under the main trunk space?

My second Model S and pretty much went with the same accessories:
  • Tesla all weather mats (they new ones have a higher footwell so your SO can put their feet higher and not mess things up)
  • Tesla tire repair/compressor
  • Abstract ocean slim magnetic holder
  • Abstract ocean screen protector (the matte one is my favorite)
  • (Abstract ocean silicone key fob holder) - I actually elected not to get another one since the new Tesla ones are pretty nice imo. If you were going for an aftermarket one, these are the best.
  • Chademo adaptor (you may not need this depending on your use case--its sort of an insurance policy really)
  • BlackVue Dashcam DR650S (totally wish I had this when I got into my accident--this is probably the best money I've spent so far)
  • (Abstract ocean LED interior lights) - I haven't ordered these yet, but heard great things about them.
I also did the following aftermarket upgrades on the car, they're not necessarily accessories:
  • Entire car Xpel Ultimate wrap (I did full front on my first Model S and wished I had just wrapped the whole car after a few scratches and tiny dings on the doors on it)
  • Entire car Opticao Pro including lights, windows and rims
  • 3M Crystalline heat rejection tint on front windshield, side windows, and rear hatch (I added a 70% tint on the front windshield this time--regretted not doing it on my first Model S)

Last edited:
Like others I didn't find the sunscreen necessary which was unexpected.

Other:
- Tire Repair Inflator
- Tesla winter matts (front, rear, frunk, trunk, sub-trunk)
- CHAdeMO adapter
- 3M wrap
- Blackvue multi-cam

The front & rear matts are in for winter (first snow) and then get swapped for carpet matts during spring, summer, fall. I've not used the CHAdeMO in two years of a fair bit of travel but I'd much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.