Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What accessories should I purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, here is what I have on order:

Cup holder insert
roof shade
Floor vent grills

Tire inflation kit
Center caps with lug nut covers for Gemini wheels
Homelink
10-30 adapter
14-30 adapter

wheel cover storage bag
jack pads
matte screen protector
blind spot mirrors

I was going to order the mud flaps, and rear door PPF, but now I don't know if that will come on the car from the factory or not... I think I will take a roll of blue painters tape with me to pick up the car.

Does anyone make window covers for privacy while camping? Also, can you combine camping mode and sentry mode? I want a Moose that a attacks the car while I am camping to be on camera :D

Keith

I have received a bunch of this stuff (green). Disappointed with some of it (red) and just had to report on the matte screen protector.

My tempered GLASS matte screen protector arrived from Amazon in a PLASTIC BAG! Not even a padded shipping bag. It was obviously bent, and looking at it the aligner that it is mounted in (aligns it for installation) was bent, but I can't see any actual damage to the glass itself... but it may be cracked and not visible until installed. Best part, the "return by" date is long after when I will be getting my car. I am thinking I will send this back.

Looking at the blind spot mirrors they seem to be shiny bits of curved metal, not glass mirrors like I expected... I have to examine them closer and check the advertising copy before I decide if I want to send them back.

I didn't realize that the car doesn't come with a 14-50 adapter, so I ordered one of those, I ordered the Tesla front mud flaps, and the center console trays. I am flipping back and forth between the abstract ocean rear door PPF and the Tesla rear door PPF. I have an "e-mail me when available" on the Tesla PPF and the rear trunk storage bins.

Keith

I have received a bunch of this stuff (green). Disappointed with some of it (red) and just had to report on the matte screen protector.

My tempered GLASS matte screen protector arrived from Amazon in a PLASTIC BAG! Not even a padded shipping bag. It was obviously bent, and looking at it the aligner that it is mounted in (aligns it for installation) was bent, but I can't see any actual damage to the glass itself... but it may be cracked and not visible until installed. Best part, the "return by" date is long after when I will be getting my car. I am thinking I will send this back.

Looking at the blind spot mirrors they seem to be shiny bits of curved metal, not glass mirrors like I expected... I have to examine them closer and check the advertising copy before I decide if I want to send them back.

I didn't realize that the car doesn't come with a 14-50 adapter, so I ordered one of those, I ordered the Tesla front mud flaps, and the center console trays. I am flipping back and forth between the abstract ocean rear door PPF and the Tesla rear door PPF. I have an "e-mail me when available" on the Tesla PPF and the rear trunk storage bins.

Keith
Latest Model Y's are coming with Tesla front mud flaps and rear door PPF already installed. VIN 190xxx, delivered yesterday. All 20+ new Ys on the lot had them.

All righty then!

Car was delivered yesterday, switched from MY LR that I would have gotten in Aug to an inventory MYP. So far I have installed the following:

Trunk bins ---> passenger side doesn't fit well, too large. Used "put it in the freezer" trick and that allowed installation. Will check fit after it warms up.

Rear door PPF ---> Installed at factory.

Front mud flaps ---> Installed today, took literally 5 min.

Center console storage bins ---> fit great, look very useful.

Cup Holder insert ----> coke bottles no longer rattle around

Floor vent grills ---> Look great and useful, but I expect them to blow off the first time I use floor vents... double sided tape mounting was a joke. Suggestions?

Tire inflator ---> stored in the shallow trunk storage.

Mobile connector adapters (10-30 14-30, and 14-50) ---> stored in shallow trunk storage with Mobile connector.

Jack pads ---> stored in shallow trunk storage.

Center caps and lug nut covers ---> Not needed with 21" Uberturbine wheels, keeping in anticipation of getting set of Gemini wheels.

Aero cap storage bag ---> Not needed with 21" Uberturbine wheels, keeping in anticipation of getting set of Gemini wheels.

Roof shade ---> Not yet installed, probably Friday.

Matt screen protector ---> Not yet installed, probably Friday.

Blind spot mirrors ---> Can't get an answer if they interfere with auto dimming of side mirrors... probably throwing in the trash.

Homelink ---> Need to schedule installation with service center.

At this point, need to get the Homelink scheduled, get tint scheduled, and ceramic coating. I am leaning away from PPF now since I can't justify doing the whole car, and I don't want the lines associated with transition areas from PPF to no PPF.

Later,

Keith

Reactions: k.alexander
Take the Tesla J1772 adapter out of the Mobile Connector kit and keep it in the center console or the glove box. You will probably find opportunities to you use the J1772 adapter when you park at shopping centers. The PlugShare app can help you find free public Level 2 charging stations.

LOL, I forgot to mention that adapter. I took it out and put it in my drivers side trunk pocket because I use it every night at work :)

Keith

Sorry for confusion, i meant if i am outside heading towards my garage with the model Y in there. If you could use the phone app to open the garage instead of punching in my pin on my keypad in front of the garage door.
Yes, see below. Now this only works if your Phone thinks you are near your vehicle. How far away can you be? I don't know but at times, I need to bring up the map app so the GPS will update the phone location before the Homelink will function.
InkedScreenshot_20210701-153042_LI.jpg

I woke up early today (working nights this week) so I installed my patch cable and OBDII dongle (verified 82.1 kWh battery, and 79.9 available capacity), installed the double layer roof sun shade, and installed the screen protector. By some miracle I got the screen protector on perfect! It is lined up, no bubbles, and no dust under the screen protector. Years of f'ing up cell phone screen protectors didn't give me much hope but this time it actually worked!

For the roof sun shade, it sags down, but I can't see it from the front seat so it isn't an emergency to fix it... what is the recommended location for the "anti-sag magnets"? I am thinking of putting one or more metal strip "cross bars" in place instead if I can find really thin metal strip. Metal banding like used in industrial packaging (crates / pallets) may be what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Keith

PS: For the patch cable installation, has anyone come up with a 3D printed new cover for the back of the center console so we don't have to either live with wires hanging out or un-install when not actively using the scan my tesla setup?

I woke up early today (working nights this week) so I installed my patch cable and OBDII dongle (verified 82.1 kWh battery, and 79.9 available capacity), installed the double layer roof sun shade, and installed the screen protector. By some miracle I got the screen protector on perfect! It is lined up, no bubbles, and no dust under the screen protector. Years of f'ing up cell phone screen protectors didn't give me much hope but this time it actually worked!

For the roof sun shade, it sags down, but I can't see it from the front seat so it isn't an emergency to fix it... what is the recommended location for the "anti-sag magnets"? I am thinking of putting one or more metal strip "cross bars" in place instead if I can find really thin metal strip. Metal banding like used in industrial packaging (crates / pallets) may be what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Keith

PS: For the patch cable installation, has anyone come up with a 3D printed new cover for the back of the center console so we don't have to either live with wires hanging out or un-install when not actively using the scan my tesla setup?
One magnet right in the middle has worked GREAT for me.
39C76BA0-D4F7-4725-927B-4CD003A32738.jpeg