Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Aftermarket Accessories are needed for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An accessory ..... but first a question:

Do the fold-down visors over the front windshield extend?

When turned to block the sun from the side on my Toyota Avalon, the visor extends back to the B Pillar - Very nice.
My Honda CRV does not .... and it is too short to provide any side protection.

Tell me about the M3's visor.

An accessory ..... but first a question:

Do the fold-down visors over the front windshield extend?

When turned to block the sun from the side on my Toyota Avalon, the visor extends back to the B Pillar - Very nice.
My Honda CRV does not .... and it is too short to provide any side protection.

Tell me about the M3's visor.
They extend maybe a foot? I haven't measured, but yes. Beyond the normal flip down, they each rotate and telescope out different positions.

Reactions: Stirfelt
I would certainly add in the frunk a cable connected to the 12 V battery, so if the battery was drained,
I will be able to recharge easily the 12 V battery after opening the frunk using a small battery.
71jOtH6GZ7L._SL1500_.jpg

How to open a Model 3 frunk using a 9 V battery.

I will then keep a Lithium Jump Starter inside the frunk to recharge the 12 V battery, so I will never be stranded.

prod_2254150212

Additionally, I will certainly carry a 12 V to 120 V Pure Sine Wave Inverter in the glove-box to recharge my laptop.

Last edited:
I bought the Evannex chrome trunk strip and the key card rail. Both great and cheap additions. Had all the windows except the roof tinted with 3M Crystalline. Looks great. 20" fan blade b8dy-colored wheels with Michelin Sport S tires on order. That will be it.

I would certainly add in the frunk a cable connected to the 12 V battery, so if the battery was drained,
I will be able to recharge easily the 12 V battery after opening the frunk using a small battery.
71jOtH6GZ7L._SL1500_.jpg

How to open a Model 3 frunk using a 9 V battery.

I will then keep a Lithium Jump Starter inside the frunk to recharge the 12 V battery, so I will never be stranded.

prod_2254150212

Additionally, I will certainly carry a 12 V to 120 V Pure Sine Wave Inverter in the glove-box to recharge my laptop.

Can you explain how this works exactly? Especially the first step about "[adding] in the frunk a cable connected to the 12 V battery" -- how is this connected?

Can you explain how this works exactly? Especially the first step about
"[adding] in the frunk a cable connected to the 12 V battery"
-- how is this connected?
Well, to recharge the 12 Volt battery you need to access to the (+) and (-) terminal plugs of the battery.
But to access the battery you need to remove a battery cover.

I don't know how complicated it would be to remove the cover but I assume that it might not be designed
to just pop up and you may need some tools and remove some clips.

So I was thinking to try to remove the battery cover to access the battery, then I would install the above
extension cable from the battery to the frunk, and put back the battery cover.

So if I'm stranded, it would be easy to recharge the 12 Volt battery, using a portable battery,
especially at night, or in a rainning day, or if someone else like my wife was expereincing this issue.

Also, I would have a 12 Volt plug available in the frunk, allowing using a mini cooler or a 110v converter.

It just that a drained 12 Volt battery seems to be a common issue to many EVs.
However, when it occurs this can be easilly solved if you can recharge the 12 Volt battery.

The 12 V is needed to activate a relay to have the main 400 Volt battery connected to the car engine.
The main battery then can be use to recharge the 12 V battery. Kind of chicken and eggs situation.

Last edited: