Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What aftermarket accessories are you ordering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could. Not. Resist.

IMG_0170.jpg

I think its definitely ok to purchase the Wall Connector without having the vehicle. You don't need the Tesla Wall Connector you could just install a Nema14-50 Outlet and that should be enough. No wrong answers on which you should get but Nema 14-50 is the cheaper option usually. Of course, how long your run and how complicated plays a factor too in installation. The Model 3 is limited to charging at 40A.

The LR 3 can do up to 48A on a Tesla HPWC.

20180225_150145.jpg

It was quite expensive but definitely worth it. The shop did 70% on the windshield, 40% on front and rear doors, and then 40% on roof and back window. Best money spent so far.

Hi, I've just moved to Florida and I'm thinking about tinting my Model 3 when it finally gets here to keep it cool in the summer, but I've never had a car tinted before.

I've read a lot of comparisons, did you compare 3M to Spectra Photosync Nano? If so, why did you pick the 3M?

Hi, I've just moved to Florida and I'm thinking about tinting my Model 3 when it finally gets here to keep it cool in the summer, but I've never had a car tinted before.

I've read a lot of comparisons, did you compare 3M to Spectra Photosync Nano? If so, why did you pick the 3M?
Actually, we have a Model X in our household and went with Spectra PN the first time around. It seemed to do the job just fine and kept the car fairly cool even during our summer heatwaves. We heard so many great things about 3M and decided to give it a try on our Model 3. Pricewise both were pretty expensive options but worth every penny. Before having Spectra PN in the Model X, I could literally feel my forehead baking (and probably getting more tan) with all the California sun. It was so uncomfortable. Summertime will be the true test to see which product fares better. I'll circle back down the road and post an update.