Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Am I Doing Wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
XS fully updated
Tried the toggle, no different
Will try a phone reboot
What’s the craic with software updates? The car immediately offered an update but I’m pretty sure it’s not the most recent one.

Yes, always worth trying a phone reboot if any app not playing. Nothing to lose. I'm on an SE 2020 so can't comment on XS.

In my limited experience, you can take the update and once it's installed it may offer you another update almost immediately.

Mine identical mate. God know what’s going on.

Maybe a setting on the car is not quite right. Do you have 'Mobile access' enabled in 'Safety & Security'? (Not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but might be worth checking!)

mobile-access.jpg

Interestingly, works for me with Location Services switched off at phone level, don't normally have it on.

Doesn't seem to have any bearing on reliability.

I did have a problem at a supercharger and mentioned to a Tesla service guy who just happened to be there that it had just taken a minute for car to unlock.

His explanation. I didn't walk far enough away from the car before returning.

Ok update

rebooted the phone
Had app open on phone but screen locked
Walked up to car door, nothing
Took phone out of pocket, Face ID unlock
Tried door again, opened

what I did notice from getting in the car, was that the phone wasn’t connected to the car Bluetooth, don’t know if that matters but that’s been done now anyway so contacts etc synced

Still clueless with what’s going on with my keyless entry. All settings appear to be in place, everything has been set up the way Tesla want it but if that phone is in my pocket and screen locked, car will not open

Ok update

rebooted the phone
Had app open on phone but screen locked
Walked up to car door, nothing
Took phone out of pocket, Face ID unlock
Tried door again, opened

what I did notice from getting in the car, was that the phone wasn’t connected to the car Bluetooth, don’t know if that matters but that’s been done now anyway so contacts etc synced

Still clueless with what’s going on with my keyless entry. All settings appear to be in place, everything has been set up the way Tesla want it but if that phone is in my pocket and screen locked, car will not open

Might be worth unpairing and re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between the iPhone and the car. There are some Bluetooth 'troubleshooting' tips in the Bluetooth settings on the car.

Agree, mine is the same, with one exception. Sometimes if I've killed off the Tesla app and restarted it I then have to toggle bluetooth off then back on whilst the Tesla app is open. Not normally an issue as I just leave the app always running.

^^ Worth a try?

Was worth a try and it worked! I've spent two months using Face ID as I thought that's how it was supposed to work!

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1 and NickName
Thanks guys, it’s grafting now after I deleted everything including the app and set it all up again

Whilst ya all here, now I have the following issues

Sentry Mode is greyed out in the car, asking me to save home address first, can’t see where or how I do this though. Plugged in SSD and dash am etc is fine, just no sentry.

Is the visualisations of passing cars etc just for FSD? I’m not getting anything like that.