Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Am I Doing Wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you just type in the first line of your address?

There's a specific oddity I find with Tesla's nav which is that using postcode is generally a bad idea. It often finds the right street but I think it's only using the first half of postcode (or possibly first half plus first number). Which means it often plonks you in the wrong place.

So my method when using nav for a new destination is always to type in the road inc. number - e.g. 123 Church Drive instead of the postcode, unless it's taking you to an actual specific named place.

Just a thought, if you share a destination from your phone, it might also work correctly?

Yes mate main page

Yeh it says the car is 2 doors down. Know it’s not a huge deal. Just trying to work out why this iPhone key business is rubbish

For what it's worth, the intermittent unlock issue on the Model 3 appears to be an Iphone issue. It is hit or miss. My sister in law has a Model 3 and had similar issues with her Iphone. My brothers Samsung Galaxy Android phone would instantly unlock the car, every single time, no issues. Her Iphone X would always be hit or miss, no matter what they did.

This was reported in some other forums months back, especially on the Iphone X and higher. Some people ended up ordering a keyfob for the Model 3 to fix the issue. I haven't asked my brother about the issue for awhile, but will check with him to see what he did to fix it, if anything.

Since deleting and reinstalling the app I've found this works much better now. Although I do sometimes have to moonwalk backwards to the door handle if my phone is in a back pocket for the car to pick it up. Wonder if these bluetooth issues are why some people have been having trouble with summon.

This must be an issue with iPhones and Bluetooth - given that's also what killed the first attempt at the UK's contact tracing app because it wouldn't allow Bluetooth to run in the background properly without the corresponding app open/screen on.

In which case there's probably no perfect fix and it's out of Tesla's control...

I'm pretty sure the BMW(?) implementation of keyless entry with iPhones that's coming soon still requires face ID unlock so that would be consistent with having to have your screen on...