Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What am I missing with evee.cc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw an advert for evee.cc who seem to want to charge you a monthly fee to use your home charger on top of the electricity tariff you'd normally pay. Or am I missing something?

Moderator comment - important information contained in the following posts - please read post thoroughly if thinking of further investigating the above website

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw an advert for evee.cc who seem to want to charge you a monthly fee to use your home charger on top of the electricity tariff you'd normally pay. Or am I missing something?
I think that includes fitting a charger at your home ('plus £190 up front fees') and then 1000 miles/month charging at home based on £20/m?

(20 × 36) + 190 = £910 spread over 3 years which doesn't feel too far off what a lot of people are paying for an installed EVSE these days. Maybe it's basically just a finance trick + they're probably exploiting some grant loophole that gives them a bit more profit.

The fact that there is no;

- Company name / address given anywhere on the website (against UK/EU requirements)
- No terms and conditions
- No annoying cookie warning
- No privacy policy

would raise big alarm bells with me and I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out to be a scam.

I just ran a whois against their domain name, all contact and company details are hidden behind a proxy service. So the address shows as USA, but the phone number in New Zealand. The abuse contact number is in Germany.

Why would a company deliberately go out of its way to hide all it's company details.

There is no terms and conditions on the website.

Reactions: Alistairuk
Google dns, which doesn't say much. Created in webflow and posts through hubspot - both of which offer free accounts.

Basically no evidence there's an actual company behind this.

Only wierdness is the IP is an old accenture IP address but that could be just their host bought it without going through the transfer process.

Other thing to note is testimony from 'customers' when the domain was only registered 5 days ago.

It might just be a student project - it's actually a half decent website despite being fake.

Last edited:
Very different style.. done in wordpress (and just looks like a blank page with a banner unless you happen to scroll down, which I thought it was when I first looked at it). Clearly shows their address, contact details, twitter etc. Different registrar, hosts.. I don't see how they could be linked.

If anything it casts more doubt on the evee.cc site since that name is already in active use by an EV related company.

Very different style.. done in wordpress (and just looks like a blank page with a banner unless you happen to scroll down, which I thought it was when I first looked at it). Clearly shows their address, contact details, twitter etc. Different registrar, hosts.. I don't see how they could be linked.

If anything it casts more doubt on the evee.cc site since that name is already in active use by an EV related company.
Site and twitter appear inactive since Nov 2018. Cars offered are as at 11/2018 and the twitter stops activity at that point too.