Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Apple should provide for employee charging in Cupertino

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although it is much more likely that Apple, as an employer, will offer on-site charging for their EV owning employees as a perk, but I too can see the possibility of abuse just as is seen in the Mountainview SC with Google and Microsoft campus employees.
Charging direct from Apple's parking structure roof covered with solar panels will be much preferable. If Apple is super dumb, they will charge $0.50/kWh for chargers directly below their very own solar panels, but if Apple is smart, they'll charge the employee & contractor EV car owners closer to $0.05/kWh, in which case, those employees will have all the convenience in the world and no excuse to go to the SuperCharger except if they had a short day at work and in a bind, which will be rare, and perfect use case for the nearby SuperCharger.
Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 10.10.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 10.11.15 AM.png

Hopefully not too clogged with Apple Employees:

View attachment 257576

No, because those middle two long buildings near the middle of your map between the Apple circle building and I-280 are two huge new Apple parking garages covered with solar panels (which I parked in during Apple construction and had the solar panels on them already), and (I safely assume) Apple is going to let their employees charge their EV's there.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911