Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Apps & maps are you using to find J1772 and such charging stations.Roadster here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
So I have a 2011 2.5 Roadster. I have about a dozen adapters for 110V, 220V, J1772, etc...

Now I need to figure out where I can use them when I travel.

What Apps and Maps and websites and such are you using to find charging stations for trips, and in cases of unplanned emergencies?

Are there campground specific Apps. Does Walmart provide charging access? (because I know Walmart encourages campers to park at Walmart locations at night and utilize Walmart parking lots as camper safe areas.)

Does this BB have a specific Sticky regarding charging sites and apps?

Do we have a Sticky with member addresses of people with wall mounted chargers?

Are there any service stations/gas stations/supermarkets/parking complexes/etc... known to cater to electric vehicle charging?

Best,

T

I like the rvparky app for parks with 50 amp sites. Plugshare or the ChargePoint app for everything else. I haven't seen any chargers at a Walmart on any of the apps. Not yet!
A few of the Walmarts in Austin have Chargepoint J1772s. But there's no reason to expect Walmart to have charging stations more or less than any other retail location. Other than a number of Cracker Barrel restaurants having a deal to install Chademo charging stations (I think because of the Leaf factory being located in Tennessee), I don't know of any tie in of charging stations with a store chain.

rvparking.com (app is RV Park) and Plugshare. I've never actually charged at a J1772, except once to test the UMC--and I only plugged in for about a minute, so that doesn't really count as a charge.