Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are easiest and budget friendly mods to give our new M3 a slightly individual look?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than suspension and body mods ie front/rear lips, etc.... Aftermarket wheels are one of the easiest mods you can do to individualize your car.

Stock, winter, summer

5B9442EE-CAF4-4E16-91CB-0978480C8D4E.jpeg
BFCF0BAD-416D-4665-8EAC-D66F1D3CEE77.jpeg
1D0291DD-BD47-4428-B4BC-1FEABD238510.jpeg

Last edited:
Speed rated?

OEM 19” are 96W XL
P7+ 19” are 96V XL

One notch slower

Check out the reviews

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=34VR9CP7ASPXL

Here is info on Pirelli “EcoImpact” tires. I’m more concerned with efficiency and noise than performance. These are the quietest and most efficient 19” tire in this size on tirerack. Not necessarily the “best” tire.

Pirelli EcoImpact: An Environmentally Friendly Tire - Kal Tire

Last edited:
The #1 thing to stand out is a wrap. Aside from that, chrome delete/accents, or aftermarket front lip etc.
Everyone does the same mods so you will go from looking like all stock cars to looking the same as any other modded car. People do chrome delete with black or matching color.

To stand out (if you feel you must) I'd recommend getting new wheels
Just the hard core nerds. 90% (or whatever) of Model 3s will stay stock, with the exception of window tint.

Wheels that aren't the same as everyone else. For example, don't go with anything that looks like the stock wheels under the aeros.

You can consider going with a rally mode motif. Get the lift kit from @MountainPass and throw some rally-type wheels with some beefy all-seasons on them.

BAM! Say goodbye to efficiency, but say hello to uniqueness.

I got this kit installed. I was concerned about efficiency but I now see that at least 80% of the miles i will put on this car will have no impact on it. Since im in LA I'm mostly doing city street drives and work commutes. On my 17 mile, 45min drive to work the Wh/mi actually improved by about 10%. Perhaps my driving improved and maybe the car needed more data to get more accurate figures.

I do expect steady drives of 60+ mph to get the efficiency hit...I'm not getting too much of that here though lol. New tires sound great, not sure how much bigger i can fit though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.02.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.02.35 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
I got this kit installed. I was concerned about efficiency but I now see that at least 80% of the miles i will put on this car will have no impact on it. Since im in LA I'm mostly doing city street drives and work commutes. On my 17 mile, 45min drive to work the Wh/mi actually improved by about 10%. Perhaps my driving improved and maybe the car needed more data to get more accurate figures.

I do expect steady drives of 60+ mph to get the efficiency hit...I'm not getting too much of that here though lol. New tires sound great, not sure how much bigger i can fit though.

Out of genuine curiosity, can you share why you went with the lift kit if most of your driving is in LA?

Out of genuine curiosity, can you share why you went with the lift kit if most of your driving is in LA?

Sorry so late with reply. The sidewalk and driveway at my townhome complex meet at a steep angle. The M3 would hit the driveway no matter what angle i approached it at...it was actually bad enough that i could get stuck.

Its a known problem our tenants have complained about for years. I'm helping the HOA collect quotes to fix it but im doubtful we will do so any time soon due to the high costs.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr