TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What are my options after paying in-full but failed delivery of used S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by czar, Jun 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. czar

czar New Member

I purchased a 2015 85D, which they requested I take delivery of in Paramus, NJ instead of Dedham, MA where the car was located. After a minor shipping delay, they confirmed it arrived, had no damage mechanical needs, and was ready for delivery. They requested I ACH the funds, which I did, and we scheduled the delivery date. They confirmed twice (delivery was scheduled for today), but I received a call early last evening and was informed about a safety issue (cracked windshield), and they told me the car could not be delivered and no ETA on a replacement. In fact, the representative suggested I might want to consider a different used Tesla if I could find one with similar features.

Since the funds came from a bank loan, which has been disbursed a week ago, but I cannot accept delivery and have no ETA, can anyone suggest what optionsI might have?

2. dk10438

dk10438 Member

I’d contact the bank.

They’re gonna want a car or their money. Since it was never delivered, I assume they’re gonna want the money...

3. czar

czar New Member

Yes, I think that makes sense. When I called the person at the Tesla center where I am supposed to take delivery, he told me that the bank had not funded the loan and that there process was only to provide a small amount of the money to Tesla upfront and then make an additional payment, neither of which I knew was accurate. I didn’t expect that type of misleading response.

What’s more frustrating is that they have no ETA on this. I responded back asking what my expectations should be as an owner if I needed a part replaced or service performed.

• Helpful x 1
  4. Babaron

Babaron Member

If the transaction was never completed, the bank should be informed as technically they own the car. They will take care of getting the money back.