TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What are "Reservation Confirmation Number" and "Reservation Sequence Number"?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by grevesz, May 23, 2015.

1. grevesz

grevesz Member

Hello,

I just made a reservation and Tesla responded with the above two numbers. What do they mean?

Thanks in advance!

Gabor

2. timf

timf Member

The Reservation Confirmation Number is a non-sequential number used to identify your reservation should you need to contact Tesla to change or cancel it. The Reservation Sequence Number is your sequential spot in line in your region, Canada in your case.

3. grevesz

grevesz Member

Thanks a lot!

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

And while sharing your reservation sequence # is no big deal, it's best to keep your reservation confirmation number private. That number is how Tesla identifies your reservation in the system.

5. grevesz

grevesz Member

Thanks, Bonnie, for that too!

6. CrashNBurns

CrashNBurns New Member

I got a Reservation Number, but not a Sequence Number -- is there some way to see the sequence number elsewhere? (I ordered Apr 2015).

7. EboMike

EboMike Member

You can go to the page that shows your RN and look at the source code of the page (each browser does that differently, but usually you right-click on the page, and there's "View Source" or "View page source" somewhere). Search for "vin_sn". You'll see something like

Code:
                            </p>
                                <!-- <p class="vin_sn">
                    </p> -->
                        </div>

The number there is your sequence number. Note that people who ordered very recently have reported that they don't have this number in the source code.