Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are some options you wish you could get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, before I get into this, Teslas are hands down my favourite cars in the world. But they could still be so much better! To be clear, this is not satire but I may get into some things that are a bit unreasonable. As follows:

Model S:
-real, perforated, nappa leather
-ventilated front and rear seats (massage?)
-rear seat climate control
-"executive" rear seats with fold down armrest and recline feature
-choice of M3 style seats vs an improved version of the old MX/MS seats ("comfort")
-10 colour choices and five rim choices
-choice between cream, white and black headliner
-more leather colours
-more trim options
-Performance trim (red calipers, carbon fiber, spoiler etc)
-choice of sunroof or glass roof
-HUD
-rear seat entertainment

Model X:
-real, perforated nappa leather
-ventilated front and rear seats (massage)?
-rear seat climate control
-choice of power operated 5 or 7 seat version
-6 seat with armrest, but a better armrest that what was previously available. One like the Tsportline model
-10 colour choices and five rim choices
-choice between cream, white and black headliner
-more leather colours
-more trim options
-Performance trim (red calipers, carbon fiber, spoiler etc)
-HUD
-choice of non-falcon-wing-door model. Many buyers want roof racks on their SUV... who would have thought?!
-rear seat entertainment

Model 3/Y:
-real leather
-3-zone climate
-power tailgate on the M3

Tesla has nailed it with the M3 and MY. The M3 is intended to compete with the BMW 3-Series, Mercedes C-Class etc... and has surpassed both. The MY doesn't really have a competitor but competes in price and shape with the BMW X3 or Mercedes GLC... and has surpassed those by an even bigger margin. They don't need crazy features in those models as that isn't the point of that vehicle segment. Now, if they add these options to the MS and MX (mind you, as options for an extra cost), they can finally make them compete with the Mercedes S-Class and GLS and surpass them. The $100,000+ vehicle market wants features and little things. This way, Tesla would be able to streamline and mass produce the M3 and MY while making the MS and MX sort of the "Tesla Premium" models.

What would you want to see as an option in Teslas?

How about blind spot indicators in passenger's and driver's side view mirrors?
You get these in a $20K Kia.
How about a blind spot indicator that beeps when the signal is on and a car is in the blind spot, rather than just before you run into it. How about software functions that actually work reliably, such as high beam dimmers, automatic garage door opening and closing, automatic side mirror folding and unfolding, automatic windshield wipers, and the list goes on.

I agree with the blind spot indicators in the outside mirrors. The other thing I noticed, coming from the Lexus I disposed, is the lack of storage pockets in the doors, and the lack of ambient lighting in the console cup holders. A little harder to dock my coffee cup in the dark!

Reactions: IchDochNicht
Model S Option Wish List
  • Video sensor fusion to get real-time top view composite video.
  • Access to front and side view camera display options.
  • Soft close doors.
  • Fold down headrest in back center position.
  • Hardwired trunk and frunk buttons accessable from drivers seat.
  • 2 additional USB power ports in center console.
  • Ditto on the massaging seats and blind spot indicators.