TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What are the cargo dimensions of the Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DaveT, Nov 29, 2012.

1. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

I'm wondering if the Model S can carry a 70" TV box with the seats down. The box dimensions are:
    69.09”W x 41.50”H x 10.43”D

Does anybody know the exact dimensions what the Model S can carry with the seats down? Or can someone measure their Model S?

2. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

I highly doubt it. 41.5" is very wide and the rear wheel wells protrude into the interior. You may be able to angle it, but not enough as you'll end up hitting the rear window. I guess you could keep the hatch open and tie it down.

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

69.09 and 10.43 are no problem. But I just measured the width of the inside; at the max (just below the cargo cover support) it's just 41.5. It tapers down to 38" at the bottom.

As shokunin suggested, you can angle it, but I don't see any way to make it work with the hatch closed - looks like you'd hit the speaker bar first.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Almost but not quite fits. 74" easily to the armrest or seatbacks. The problem is the waist: 38" at the floor, 39" at the cargo shelf, 40.5" @ 1ft down from cargo shelf.

If you didn't get the cargo shelf and padded the bottom 6 inches you could almost do it. But then would have issues with the hatch slope at the back.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Vizio?
    69.09 TV - Bing

You'd have more breathing room out of box:
    62.56”W x 38.41”H x 12.56”D

6. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Yelp, it's a Vizio 70". :) I just took it home in a Lexus RX350 and it fit nicely. Was wondering if a Model S could handle it. I guess it'd be too tight with the box. But nevertheless seems like there's a lot of cargo room to carry lots of things.