Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the chances of having these addressed on delivery day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aggie_Aloha

TX OD:11/10/21 ; MYP Blue/White; Tow; No FSD
Jan 24, 2022
Texas
Please don't flame me - this isn't to ask if I should take delivery - or if it is totaled ,😜

My hope is that all of these things will be addressed before my delivery or during.

That out of the way -
I stopped by before my delivery day (Friday) to have a leisurely glance at my car. I noticed a few things and hoping it can be addressed before or on delivery day.

1. Scratch or imperfection on the windshield. It was interior so hoping it is just leftover adhesive.

2. I did notice my windshield had two red dots - anyone know what this means?

3. Shallow scratch on the car- hoping to be buffed.

4. Looks like gasket is squeezed through on the bottom of the car - is this normal/a non issue?

5. Rear bumper/wheel well plastic alignment is off - should be an easy fix.

6. Rear door alignment - hoping I don't get a within spec comment and they'll at least attempt to adjust. I looked at 7-8 different MY and they all had varying degrees of alignment issues - only in the rear doors. My only thought is - what is keeping them from getting this consistent in alignment?

Constructive thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!
PXL_20220608_233019853~3.jpg
PXL_20220608_233029162.jpg
PXL_20220608_232127039.jpg
PXL_20220608_231255775~2.jpg
PXL_20220608_232457983~3.jpg
PXL_20220608_232430308~3.jpg
PXL_20220608_231127322~3.jpg

When we went to pick up our first MYP and it was immaculate, it looked like it had been professionally detailed, everything was perfect, except it had the wrong tires on it and we had to refuse it.
2 weeks later our second MYP was in so we took a trip to check it out and see if it had the correct tires.
The MYP had not been prepped yet so it had some of the same issues that you have.
There was an alignment issue with the rear passenger door that stood out the most.
Took pictures, sent them via text asking if the alignment would be taken care of prior to pick up day.
Crickets.
So we text several more times.
Crickets.
Then MYP pick up is delayed due to a fault code, a harness needs replaced, is the door aligned?
Crickets.
Then MYP is now ready to schedule for pickup, is the door alignment taken care of?
Yes.
Go to pick up the MYP at out scheduled time and there are 5 other cars ahead of it to be prepped.
The door was not taken care of.
The MYP looked terrible, the excuse was that they had 50 cars to get out that day.
Glue, scuffs, door gasket alignments and just filthy inside.
There are other items that surfaced, but that's another story.

What we took out of the experience is this, do not schedule pick up on a Saturday, try for a week day when they won't be so busy. ( we know that shouldn't matter )
Never believe anything that anybody tells you until you see it with your own eyes.
Your mobile service tech is your best friend, the service center wouldn't touch the door alignment issue for us.
We are happy with the MYP, all issues resolved, but it took a lot on our part to make it happen.