Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the chances of Matrix Led headlights to Model S in an order placed 1 days ago?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Self levelling for headlights is also used in scenarios where you're going up/down an incline so your headlights don't beam up into the sky or dip too low where they aren't doing anything
I think the idea is matrix headlights can do that with no moving parts. By turning parts of the matrix on and off as the level changes and as the car turns.

I think the idea is matrix headlights can do that with no moving parts. By turning parts of the matrix on and off as the level changes and as the car turns.
I am no expert in headlights but the matrix headlights I have experienced in other brands usually have self leveling (physical up and down movement of the lenses) while for turns it uses the matrix beam

Reactions: MrKool and mswlogo
I am no expert in headlights but the matrix headlights I have experienced in other brands usually have self leveling (physical up and down movement of the lenses) while for turns it uses the matrix beam
this makes sense as if you turn off some leds rest will still be pointing straight into the eyes but if the lens physically moves up or down it will make the beam go up or down.

Turning on/off LEDs would increase/decrease brightness. Theres a teardown of the 3/Y headlights that the S/X will be similar to that shows a lens, and movable LED array for self leveling capabilities.

Turning on/off LEDs would increase/decrease brightness. Theres a teardown of the 3/Y headlights that the S/X will be similar to that shows a lens, and movable LED array for self leveling capabilities.
You can reserve LEDs in off state and maintain brightness by always have a constant number on and just adjust which ones. You can also adjust brightness of LEDs. If the angle is to much then this idea would not work. But there are reasons they have full control of the array.