TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What are the different order statuses?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by takktakk, Jun 26, 2013.

1. takktakk

takktakk Member

Hi.

Right now the My Tesla site says "Your Model S Perfornance has been confirmed by the Tesla factory". Or something to the same meaning.

What are the different phases I can expect to go trough on my journey to having the car delivered, and where is it in production compared to different statuses?

And, when does it show in the Tesla app? I have my VIN, but the app doesn't recognize anything just yet.

Thanks from Norway.

2. Colasec

Colasec Member

#2 Colasec, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    My understanding of the U.S. process is as follows:

1. Reservation
    2. Finalization (by default, two weeks after you reserve but you can call to finalize early).
    3. Email - "Your Model S is in production"
    4. Garage says "Your Model S order has been confirmed"
    5. VIN
    6. Delivery button (seems to be 2-4 weeks after VIN right now for US customers)
    7. Financing and paperwork / Delivery estimate
    8. Delivery scheduled
    9. App activated (?)
    10. Actual delivery

I haven't been able to find any information about where the car is in production relative to each visible change.

3. takktakk

takktakk Member

Ok.

Thanks!

4. morten007

morten007 Member

Where did you get the app from? It is not available for me here in Norway. I have the same status as you.
    P85 VIN1388x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

For android, the app is in Google Play. I would guess it is in the apple store for iphone/ipad.

6. morten007

morten007 Member

I got this message in both Google Play and Appstore: "this item is not available in your country"