TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What are the different "power ratings" for Superchargers?

Discussion in 'North America' started by sp4rk, Dec 6, 2013.

1. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

I should know this and cannot find which of the gazillion threads they are listed in ...

We refer to Superchargers as being rated in xxxx? Originally they were xxx value and they are being stepped up for even faster charging.
    Can someone give me the values? And nomenclature?

2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

3. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Are you sure that spreadsheet is accurate? I've heard of folks charging at 120kW at the Burlington, NC location.

4. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

Glen Allen is def 120. There was some refs to 133 in Europe but have not heard of any in US. Great sheet though. looks like I can edit it so I did. If this angers anybody let me know.

5. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

The original Superchargers were rated at a max of 90 KiloWatts (KW) and the upgrade is to 120 KW. The Tesla Motors Supercharger page has descriptions that, frankly, are simplistic but get the idea across.

I'm pretty sure that spreadsheet is out of date. The Centralia Washington SC is 120 KW. I've heard the the Woodburn, OR is also 120KW.