Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the flaws coming off the line nowadays like??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FOB is bigger than the S FOB and FWD buttons stick out so I desided a couple of days into ownership to hang the FOB around the neck. I have had no issues after that. Looks strange but people who don't know Tesla ask. "Why do you have a toy car around your neck. " And then the conversation gets started ;-)

Found a flaw! Took 1200 miles, but it doesn't rain often in Utah during the summer!

Apparently had a defective Wiper motor!. First time I used the wipers for more than a test, the wipers stopped mid windshield!
It had blown a fuse. SLC Service center sent a Ranger the next business day who diagnosed the problem in my garage at home.
Part ordered the same day, arrived the afternoon of the next business day.
Following day they send a driver with a loaner who took my X up to the SC and brought it back about 4 hours later.
AWESOME service!

• Love
Reactions: ModelX and Ormond
Found a flaw! Took 1200 miles, but it doesn't rain often in Utah during the summer!

Apparently had a defective Wiper motor!. First time I used the wipers for more than a test, the wipers stopped mid windshield!
It had blown a fuse. SLC Service center sent a Ranger the next business day who diagnosed the problem in my garage at home.
Part ordered the same day, arrived the afternoon of the next business day.
Following day they send a driver with a loaner who took my X up to the SC and brought it back about 4 hours later.
AWESOME service!
I am hoping the repair was for the part that caused the blown fuse and it was not just to repair the fuse.:)

• Funny
Reactions: Asterix777
Took delivery of my X75 today. Right FWD is slightly askew. Upper chrome piece is not aligned with the front door chrome. Pretty severe wind noise coming from front driver seat area windshield or side window. Other than that, pretty darn good.
A little late, but just read this. My 6/20 build was delivered 2 weeks late on 8/6 due to a Right FWD window and alignment issue. I also have a bit of wind noise from the driver window and chrome trim alignment issues, but otherwise all good mechanically. I drop it off to the service center who gives it to the body shop next Thursday in Virginia. My concern is that if they spent 2 weeks aligning it to the point it is in, are they going to be able to improve on that or am I looking at a new FWD which might very well take longer to get than a new car. Can you please provide an update and/or outcome for your almost identical situation as well as color X75.

I snapped this picture yesterday here in Dallas suburb driving on 121. An X with temp plates and so should be not be more than a few weeks old.

Looks at how the door handles are aligned. Sigh !!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
KVchYYX_UfMZP4b15bpluL-PEBRIjjFYXDSF7-sso46EwZOAKR2O4Z1mf0Ja0Xr6_aGU8dT6S-uGoUJfALd8aGsbJagId39sfHAsC853OcaTUl9wuD60A58p8HbWX1l-gp-v5OhB5mUpdYrxDXDxgBiu-BdcB2WOvqO-bNl6UtV5p4tu9EaI-9B-RbWbZ556OZKmD2Vhavm8ZWp5wmYle22LYF1UWxm0faUWGKzufVota8uLRfhPbhbQZYM9DtFpOuFij5VkV9JoPBiD4KftZb-m6cA0Ob4TG8xhWo9JdcZDLRZ8yYZTxK7mYw5FbrM-bGTKoZsyYkL4kG5DRxlnpz_KR23xWzyMp0UxeNWlvykceffn95tqnVXEyffNkzlapC16FU8s4gPNf8A5hxGSSQ5qFcf6AIM2vHS2Stq_Beon_e7FlLOxIFg4sSKqBh8FrVrN8s7xp481e3GO8Qf8hPn1Ua3zJiJ4RAjXEcFG0zMyRhpXsVfMkGIZP5cc4w4h_uIiNvswNZ-t65raqe8-R20iqFvQIeZcJ19ymmgCNPYas7TDiylk54YdVfEkFXyxLOsDi8ve-o8QJKg8fkoha9hBaxEy7xez=w1663-h935-no

I took a peek at Wattson in the parking lot of the new SC...and noticed a crack in the material along the underside of the spoiler...actual chunk missing..and my heart sank.

Staff said add it to the due bill at delivery...

Also noticed the hood gap seemed rather wide. I can stick my index finger through the gap along the top where the headlamp is. Is this normal spacing??

q-3dR34qXAb047etbiE33JSKh5BX9zhRM24JmPeEgHAZoWr8Lk-DMWr2Xo1puFUInhuc1LdzhG5ZTt7nQOIbbsW1M6zPoS4l72d8Nww85UWsX7HzMqLo2EGWkjrF9tRdaG8u4tOC0u3fwAGz5yuWCY6JhdrynbpKQWClMXDFOOFmQ9QkgwhuTuZSUFFWXLJCdOnvO0eWU2tJ_uh5d38oJkhoBpS0rhAlwN7ncqNziij17ImvMOl4h-clZPh_zOmmr7HCxKG3QVciJojRWsAaCmXCZ2ZmaLOnZ6E39s_uoBLitcUmFG2nxQCgu_i3rLsUjcq9dAzryv0EdrTXZS8dDuxntvqGDzgJsd6_yw7jGCRYltYuw-twImwhgBJ7g4QxUCOTtoCCsGAkt1X4IzdwAYO_FaAlOdhctMxzXcyeCN6W7sW3ndsJkegy79AKwR14dkGA9RsjssTW21QOuJ4mO_1D_Z-zi7IuVR2qsYTTYRbTop8bc8y91WhPVhVdr7UBh3Jt85I5jwA9GYB0-C2pXyU3QgZ_kFnSCoa_mH_sTaOn_lhrBPA8gUc_RHFv4aLw3P6lBY7rO3K__xG2PdqFqTvrBuQohLT-=w1663-h935-no

Last edited:
I took a peek at Wattson in the parking lot of the new SC...and noticed a crack in the material along the underside of the spoiler...actual chunk missing..and my heart sank.

Staff said add it to the due bill at delivery...

Also noticed the hood gap seemed rather wide. I can stick my index finger through the gap along the top where the headlamp is. Is this normal spacing??

Your pictures links are bad or not public. Your car was produced the same days as mine, 6/20ish, and mine was held for FWD door and window repairs for 2 weeks delivering 2 weeks ago 8/6. Curious to know what has held up your delivery so long? I am thinking we might both be victims of the end of quarter push when numbers are more important than quality. Good eyes to spot the spoiler underside, just checked mine but lucky no issues there. The gap is bigger just to the inside of the headlights, but not between the light and the hood. If yours is uniformly too big, then I would think that is an easy alignment fix. Mine is going into service Thursday, so I can report back what I hear then or after pickup.

Your pictures links are bad or not public. Your car was produced the same days as mine, 6/20ish, and mine was held for FWD door and window repairs for 2 weeks delivering 2 weeks ago 8/6. Curious to know what has held up your delivery so long? I am thinking we might both be victims of the end of quarter push when numbers are more important than quality. Good eyes to spot the spoiler underside, just checked mine but lucky no issues there. The gap is bigger just to the inside of the headlights, but not between the light and the hood. If yours is uniformly too big, then I would think that is an easy alignment fix. Mine is going into service Thursday, so I can report back what I hear then or after pickup.
Traveling and getting financing together. We were actually supposed to get the car last Friday but my DS texted me that they had to order 4 new tires and they only had 3 in stock. When asked what was wrong with the tires she said they had flat spots from sitting around.

Also told an arm rest replaced. It was apparently scuffed.

Was hoping they'd have addressed any issues like FWD s, latches, etc if they existed on my car, while they had the car...but apparently their routine is to create the due bill at delivery.

Good thing I only live about a mile from the new SC...looks like I'll be putting some time in...but am optimistic they'll handle all issues with typical Tesla style...