Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the most useful accessories for the Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While waiting on my Model X delivery I am obsessing over what things I need to have on hand to make those initial days after delivery go well. There are a lot of possibly useful things to buy, but since I don't have my car yet it's hard to evaluate them. Here's what I have so far:

- The little leather drawer that slips in the cavity on the dashboard
- Multiple adapters for the UMC charger
- The smartphone docking kit (little USB cables and brackets)

I am thinking I will want the electric tire inflator/goop kit, does one come with the car? And I know I'll need sunshades, but not sure which ones. And floor mats for the driver and front-seat passenger. This is a five-seater to I'm not sure of the best way to handle mats over the rear storage.

But you guys know more than me, what do you recommend?

- tesla specific jack pads (so you don't damage the battery)
- qi charging in dock
- rubber mats
- oscar & hamish frunk luggage
- cubby hole drawer
- chademo adaptor
- charge card wallet
- tyre inflator
- dynaplug
- abstract ocean led lighting kit
- dash cam (blackvue, thinkware, goluk)

Last edited:
ABF5A725-902D-482B-953D-DE466393B9DB.jpeg 9F69A5AC-D0E6-458F-85F6-22BEB4779C3E.jpeg D96FD8E2-782D-4B7B-ADE7-30929113AD52.jpegC536B695-41A6-474A-BF1D-6FA67CC27EF6.jpeg To add
- phone mount
-Ev amped cubby drawer
-EV amped cup holders
-upgraded dock /guides

View attachment 316154 View attachment 316153 View attachment 316152View attachment 316151 To add
- phone mount
-Ev amped cubby drawer
-EV amped cup holders
-upgraded dock /guides

Do those cup holders work better than the factory one with smaller sized coffee cups?

I get small (Starbucks tall) drinks and the factory holder pops the lid off the cup because the cup is so short. So I have to use the arm rest coffee holders instead of the more convenient holders in the center console.

Do those cup holders work better than the factory one with smaller sized coffee cups?

I get small (Starbucks tall) drinks and the factory holder pops the lid off the cup because the cup is so short. So I have to use the arm rest coffee holders instead of the more convenient holders in the center console.

Hi yes the ev amped cup holder hold way better there is a removal rubber insert to as well for larger cups ...they are pricey but I just can’t stand the flimsy stock ones as they don’t stay in place well

Reactions: jboy210
This is our 3rd Tesla (previous two were Model S), so we've gone through this twice before.

This is what we'll have ordered after delivery:
  • colored key fob cover (so we can distinguish between our red S 100D and tour blue X 100D)
  • 10-30 and 14-30 Gen 2 UMC adapters, to support emergency charging from older and newer dryer outlets
  • Tesla phone charging dock, using only the USB-C cable and the dock connector
  • 3rd party phone charging side clips, to support our Galaxy S9+ phones, inside a case, that doesn't fit within Tesla's supplied clips
  • blue Tesla touch-up paint
  • Tesla's front and rear seat floor mats (for our 7 seat configuration)
  • two ultra white bath sheets (the large seats) as temporary seat covers (when we're wet or dirty), adding snaps to hook around seat headrests
  • EZ tag bar to place on the front license plate (so we didn't have to mess with a windshield sticker)
We had already purchased the tire pump/repair kit - and transferred that from our 2012 S P85.

We already had a 14-50 outlet for charging our second Tesla - with a 14-50 connector and Tesla's cable organizer. Though we are temporarily using our Gen 2 UMC for charging, due to the Gen 1 charger incompatibility Tesla is dealing with on the newer vehicles (until they issue a fix - most likely through a software update).