TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What are the odds? Watched an X get hit..

Discussion in 'Model X' started by steve841, Aug 7, 2017.

1. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Had the unfortunate experience of watching a Model X get side swiped last week by a school bus ...

So sad, it was literally like watching a train wreck (slow speed). Really thought the X driver could have avoided it .. but no such luck. Certainly no injuries and damage to the X was a mirror and front quarter panel ...

But to think about the odds of a Tesla driver watching another Tesla get taken out ... hmmmmmmmmm
    • Like x 1
  2. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Well, those odds are getting smaller every day. o_O
    • Like x 1
  3. WolfieSenior

WolfieSenior Member

Jul 24, 2015
    United States
    Your profile says Ft Lauderdale, FL.....if this was in Florida then I'd say the odds are pretty high there. Recently drove the length of Florida and I have to say that most of the drivers there were to absolute worst I have ever seen....constant "accidents waiting to happen", especially around the more populated cities. Having texting while driving as a secondary offence is absurd and literally the majority of drivers I saw around Miami were staring on their phones rather than the interstate, and were constantly drifting out of their lanes and swerving back in because of it. I partially understand seatbelts being a secondary offense because you're generally only putting yourself at harm....but texting as a secondary is beyond ridiculous.
    • Like x 2