Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the payment options when buying a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to know what are the payment options available when paying for the balance of Model 3?

Must it be fully paid before delivery is confirmed?

Are there options to pay 50% cash and loan the rest?

And what are the payment options accepted? Cheque? Cashiers order? Credit card?

If full payment is required, does the reflected price on tesla's site include any taxes, additional charges that's native/required in your country when buying a vehicle? If not, do we have to settle those payment on our own by contacting the relevant authorities ?

I would like to know what are the payment options available when paying for the balance of Model 3?
Read the threads about Model S or X deliveries. I paid by ACH while taking delivery of Model X. There are leasing and financing options today and possibly more by the time the M3 is delivered in 2 to 3 years. You will have plenty of time to research. Taxes depend on jurisdiction and are similar to any car purchase.

Are there options to pay 50% cash and loan the rest?

If full payment is required, does the reflected price on tesla's site include any taxes, additional charges that's native/required in your country when buying a vehicle? If not, do we have to settle those payment on our own by contacting the relevant authorities ?

I am talking about US experience and I am not sure how it works in other countries.

"Must it be fully paid before delivery is confirmed?"

Yes. In the US, one of the options is to write a personal check just before you take your Tesla away with you at a delivery location.

Cheque?
Yes.

Cashiers order?
Yes.

Credit card?
No. It's only for small amount like a deposit, but not for big amount like paying off your car.

50% cash and loan the rest?
I don't see any problem with that. It's still just another loan with smaller amount instead of full amount. Notice that Tesla does not have a loan company. It partners with other loan companies.

reflected price?

Price is reflected in your individualized paper work.

I don't think the website includes other taxes and fees for other countries such as imported taxes, Singapore LTA gross polluted EV car fees...

It's up to the government on how to collecting taxes and fees.

Singapore LTA gross polluted EV car fees...

nice dig! We citizens are exasperated with this absurd and retarded explanation by the government on this matter. But they claimed new EV would get the rebate as promised, so I'm hopeful we would get some form of reduction for buying Model 3...

Thank you for taking the time to reply.