Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the production numbers now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production too high now. They can’t even sell current inventory.

"Production too high now" - haha. That's ludicrous. More like, delivery org hasn't ramped fast enough. They're only part way through 25% of their market for the Model 3. They still have the 75% of the world left for the current configurations, then 100% of the world for the "$35,000" model. Really I have to repeat this for you?

"Production too high now" - haha. That's ludicrous. More like, delivery org hasn't ramped fast enough. They're only part way through 25% of their market for the Model 3. They still have the 75% of the world left for the current configurations, then 100% of the world for the "$35,000" model. Really I have to repeat this for you?
That might have been saracasm

• Funny
Reactions: ebmcs03
Has anyone seen any production number? It seems that since the 5000/week was hit back in June all information about production rates has disappeared? How about some numbers

RWD
AWD
AWD P

I doubt you will ever see production broken down by options.
Tesla doesn’t release production numbers as a matter of course. You will see some at quarterly reports, the next is due in about two months.
Occasionally Tesla will release production rates in news blurbs, blogs or tweets. 5k/week was a critical one for lots of reasons, so we heard about production fairly often.
Now that Tesla has reached that, we will get glimpses less and less often.

I doubt you will ever see production broken down by options.
Tesla doesn’t release production numbers as a matter of course. You will see some at quarterly reports, the next is due in about two months.
Occasionally Tesla will release production rates in news blurbs, blogs or tweets. 5k/week was a critical one for lots of reasons, so we heard about production fairly often.
Now that Tesla has reached that, we will get glimpses less and less often.

FWIW, here're the numbers from our tracker of 927 AWD (92%) and Performance (8%) orders:

upload_2018-8-31_9-20-37.png

upload_2018-8-31_9-30-26.png

It's a small sample size, and no RWD in this survey, but it's indicative. I'm in the process of updating the entry form to track Performance PUP vs. non-PUP.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-31_9-29-51.png
    upload_2018-8-31_9-29-51.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Zythryn
You can see the RWD/AWD by VIN registrations over the long term. If they for example report 50k cars sold in the quarter and they registered 60% AWD and 40% RWD you have a fair estimate of current selling ratios. But, this quarter will probably be distorted because they held a lot of RWD at the end of last quarter to maximize the tax incentives, and it is the first quarter of AWD production - a lot of backed up demand. But, going forward it should a good indication.

Reactions: jkirkwood001