TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What are these seats?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by RyanT, Sep 2, 2017.

1. RyanT

RyanT Member

I have a P100D loaner and it has these seats. What are they and can I buy them for mine? They look different then what is shown in the design studio. Is it that new vegan leather? I love them.
    [​IMG]

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Photo's not visible...

• Like x 1
  3. Aakash5701

Aakash5701 Member

Those are the ultra white vegan leather seats

4. RyanT

RyanT Member

They are lovely. Are they just in white? It might look a little weird in my all black interior car but I'm seriously thinking about getting them if they come in black and are around $5k.

• Like x 1
  5. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Leather seats are no longer available for ordering. All upgrade seats are the synthetic material.

6. boaterva

Can you see the photo? All I get is the gray 'do not enter' symbol. :)

In any case, any new order now only has the UltraLeather in White, Cream, or Black if you upgrade to the Premium seats, as BerTX mentioned. I ordered the Cream sight unseen, but first reports are that they are great. Waiting to see....

7. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Member

Can't see the photo

8. A-E

A-E Vendor

We offer a wide variety of interiors including vegan ultra white options. Considering your car is black , check out the custom Ferrari Creme option in the pics. Let me know what you think :) You can view more options at Tsportline.com under custom services.

CremeInterior.jpg

• Like x 2
  9. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

#9 SMAlset, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Also can't see your photo OP.

We just took a trip in a loaner P100D manufactured in June. Did not have leather seats and assume it's that black "vegan" version of vinyl. They were soft, and kind of cushy when finger pressed into them. However we found driving in 90F weather with A/C on that with shorts on, the back of legs were kind of sticking to the seat. Hubby commented to me that his back felt sweaty and mine did too. Here's a photo of the seats, around 4,000 miles on it. Notice the stretched wavy appearance. Read many complaints on the forum about the vented leather seats having wrinkles but given what we experienced don't see much difference in that area.

IMG_3481.JPG

We live in a hot summer area and have no plans to trade up if we lose our ventilated black leather seats in the deal. They might have some wrinkling but are soft, comfortable and the venting on ours works to wick away moisture. Very disappointed they discontinued them and hope they bring them back as an option. I have an ipad case made with the high end faux leather material and it has held up well and I really like it for that use. Not a fan on it's use for seats in cars in our area based on our limited experience with them.

We have a Model 3 on order and not looking forward to them in that car and certainly don't want to feel the need to put towels on the seats during the summer. That brings back memories of my dad's red 1960 car with vinyl seats and no A/C. On a trip to California from back east during the summer we always emerged from the car dripping wet. Dad only owned cars with fabric seats after that car.

10. RyanT

RyanT Member

#10 RyanT, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Just got back from a 500 mile road trip with the car. It has 4,000 miles on it. I checked the seats after I got out from a 200 mile drive and not wrinkled like in the above pic(yet?). There is a little crease line.Temps in upper 90s I noticed my back is warmer than on my textile seats but I am sinking into these more so I'd expect as much. The cabin is quieter too. I wonder if it's from the softness of the new material?

I've had a few loaners in my 3 years, 60k miles. This is the first interior I've really liked more than mine! Mostly because of the seats. Maybe the ultra white too. I've attached some pics as thumbnails instead. Never mind the dirt in the second pic, it was a 500 mile road trip!

IMG_1561.JPG IMG_1571.JPG

11. RyanT

RyanT Member

Do me a favor. If you see a guy at the supercharger with all black interior and two ultra white seats don't laugh : )

12. evster

evster Member

Please remove this post since it is misinformation. Those seats pictured are the Black non-ventilated old LEATHER seats that now are discontinued. The Black vegan seats will not be sighted in any car produced before end of July so about no one have taken delivery of a car with Black vegan interior yet. That will probably happen very soon though.

The Black Vegan will feel exactly the same like the Ultra white seats. They will not wrinkle and feel softer than the leather and probably a bit less sweaty also :)

• Informative x 2
  13. RyanT

RyanT Member

Thanks for the above post. Maybe it's not just the ultra white seats that are so lovely. Hopefully the blacks are just as nice.

14. boaterva

There have been several posts about the new Cream seats from people seeing them in showrooms in the northwest US, where some cars have appeared, and they are supposed to look great. I was surprised at this photo here also, since it looked so bad, and I agree it had to be the old leather which prompted the seat redesign and scrapping of the leather totally.

The new UltraLeather fabric, by all reports, is excellent, in both new colors. Some people are getting delivery of cars this week and we should have some pics to get close ups!

• Like x 1
  15. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

You are right evster about the seats being leather. I called the showroom today after reading your post and spoke to the guy who arranged our vehicle. For some reason I thought someone had said they were the new material. In any event if this is/was how non-ventilated leather can look, I don't see any difference compared to the the ventilated leather seats.

• Like x 1
  16. Mediocrates

Mediocrates Member

I have a Model S that I took delivery on in April of this year, with the Ultra White seats. It began showing wrinkling on the driver headrest with less than 3000 miles.