Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are these vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
I was cruising around the internet maps and came across some interesting looking vehicles in this parking lot:

Google Maps

gfmi1.png

What you do suppose they are?

Aren't the three cars behind the white car the same model, just with a "normal" sunroof instead of the panoramic roof?

It appears to be the yard of Gaffoglio Family Metalcrafters, Inc. Maybe they've been involved in building Model 3 prototypes? Would they have parked the cars out in the open if they had? Is there any way of telling when this picture was made exactly? Do you work for the NSA? Are you watching me? You sometimes scare me TEG! ;)

A lot of those cars look unusual and each row is made up of the same car. According to their website they do both custom cars and prototypes:
Automotive Home

California has become a mecca for car design, so those aren't necessarily Teslas, though these guys have experience with EVs. They could be working with one of the other EV startups like Faraday Future, or even doing something for a futuristic movie project.

Since the Roadster days Tesla has chosen more mainstream colors, so that orange would seem out of place for a Model 3 prototype.

If you go to that map location now, what you pointed out is no longer there! Removed !! I saw a business listing of "Photo ready cars" as well as the the metalcrafters. The rear window is too square at the rear for a model S, and for a model 3 and the hood is too short for an S. Good eye!!

Last edited: