TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What are these vehicles?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TEG, May 5, 2016.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I was cruising around the internet maps and came across some interesting looking vehicles in this parking lot:

Google Maps

gfmi1.png

What you do suppose they are?

2. Adm

Adm Active Member

Aren't the three cars behind the white car the same model, just with a "normal" sunroof instead of the panoramic roof?

It appears to be the yard of Gaffoglio Family Metalcrafters, Inc. Maybe they've been involved in building Model 3 prototypes? Would they have parked the cars out in the open if they had? Is there any way of telling when this picture was made exactly? Do you work for the NSA? Are you watching me? You sometimes scare me TEG! ;)

3. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

A lot of those cars look unusual and each row is made up of the same car. According to their website they do both custom cars and prototypes:
    Automotive Home

California has become a mecca for car design, so those aren't necessarily Teslas, though these guys have experience with EVs. They could be working with one of the other EV startups like Faraday Future, or even doing something for a futuristic movie project.

Since the Roadster days Tesla has chosen more mainstream colors, so that orange would seem out of place for a Model 3 prototype.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Very interesting. That location is just a short drive on the 405 from the Tesla Design Center in Hawthorne. They certainly could be Model 3 prototypes.

I'm amazed you found those cars.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Maybe this? :

wrap1.png

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

#6 Lloyd, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    If you go to that map location now, what you pointed out is no longer there! Removed !! I saw a business listing of "Photo ready cars" as well as the the metalcrafters. The rear window is too square at the rear for a model S, and for a model 3 and the hood is too short for an S. Good eye!!