Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are these windshield stickers I keep seeing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zhu-

custom title
Oct 24, 2018
NJ
I see them all the time in Youtube video's of Model 3s but have no idea what they are. Some requirement for EVs?
WCNsVzJ.jpg

Except many Californians leave the temp tag on with no plate for as long as they can get away with. Ive got neighbors/scammers that have never put on their plates on for the past 4 years.
Sadly, this will end shortly after the first of the year and cars with dealer ad plates will start getting tickets after January. A new car on 12/31/18 will get the window sticker and should have plates well before end of January. We get the ugly temp paper plates 1/1/19 and after like the rest of the states use.

• Informative
Reactions: radiocycle
Sadly, this will end shortly after the first of the year and cars with dealer ad plates will start getting tickets after January. A new car on 12/31/18 will get the window sticker and should have plates well before end of January. We get the ugly temp paper plates 1/1/19 and after like the rest of the states use.

Damn. I've used that sticker to avoid putting a front license plate. I have the back plate installed, of course.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea
EVs in NJ are sticker free. The only sticker you would see on a regular ICE vehicle in NJ is the inspection sticker but since EVs don’t require any inspection we’ve got no stickers. It’s very nice to have a naked windshield for the first time.

So this would be legal on New Jersey roads?

No because you couldn't register it most likely (probably can't get insurance), which means no plates. But who knows maybe you could. The only thing they test in NJ is emissions. So EVs are exempt as are older cars before '97. And then newer ones are very infrequently, like every 5 years or something.