Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are these?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what these little hatches are under the side skirt?

Attachments

• A73048E1-5B84-4CE0-84E1-A97440FEA097.jpeg
    A73048E1-5B84-4CE0-84E1-A97440FEA097.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 170
The service centre is highly unlikely to have jacked it up at the wrong place. There are only 4 points on the car where it can be jacked up. Anywhere else risks damaging the battery and the SC would know not to do that.

Edit: to put it another way, if they had jacked up where the trim is warped, warped trim would be the least of your worries.
What else would warp the trim in exactly the same place each side do ya think? I’ve felt underneath the trim where it’s warped and the trim is deep scratched. If it’s not off jacking up then I’m lost off.

AWD=All Wheel Drive, no rotation needed, because all 4 tires are pulling at the same.
RWD=Rear Wheel Drive, rotation every 7500-10k, as rear tires pulling the entire car wear faster then front (front basically being pushed by rear)
FWD= Front Wheel Drive, basically reverse of RWD, rotate at 7500-10k also (rear tires being pulled by front)
Hope this helps

It's a rare thing to do tyre rotation in the UK for any car. If one set of wheels wears down first then that's usually regarded as a good thing ... you buy 2 tyres at a time rather than 4! I should think it's mostly a cultural traditional difference and a servicing ruse ... like encouraging overly frequent oil changes in USA ...
(BTW it's not true that AWD is pulling all 4 tyres at the same time and therefore wearing equally ... )

It's a rare thing to do tyre rotation in the UK for any car. If one set of wheels wears down first then that's usually regarded as a good thing ... you buy 2 tyres at a time rather than 4! I should think it's mostly a cultural traditional difference and a servicing ruse ... like encouraging overly frequent oil changes in USA ...
(BTW it's not true that AWD is pulling all 4 tyres at the same time and therefore wearing equally ... )
Ok