Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are they doing at the YYZ Administration Complex

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

IMG_2527.JPG

Recent photos of this location show some construction here at the Administration Complex at Pearson International Airport. They say that they are installing curbs to separate the chargers from the rest of the lot as well as 12 piers. Does anyone what exactly they are doing? There is a portapotty so there is obviously something going on.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.JPG
    IMG_2522.JPG
    565 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2526.JPG
    IMG_2526.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
I stop by there frequently. They have added a curb across from the chargers which I initially thought was to separate the chargers from the "general" parking area. Later, I noticed tall posts going in. My money is on a solar canopy going over the stations.
That would be pretty cool. Similar to the one at Baka Mobile I suppose (which is about 5-10 minutes away).

What's the current regime for commercial solar installations? Net metering? I believe both the FIT and microFIT programs have ended, but they may have got this approved last year, if it is a solar canopy.

I’m pretty sure it’s a secret government conspiracy. It’s probably the famed ‘Area 23’ , Canada’s version of Area 51, which was previously thought to just be the basement of an old house outside of Ottawa). I was at the airport the other day and asked one of the maintenance guys what it was and he claimed to know nothing about it.

Ok, construction is now finished at the Admin Complex! I’m a bit disappointed if you ask me, no solar panels just a little roof covering them, some think they will be installing more chargers soon.
E628ABBA-95F2-4D34-B35B-2071A9C0B6C5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric