Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are you doing for Earth Day 2012?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Courtesy of vfx, I'll be spending a day with my Roadster at the Girl Scouts 100th Anniversary Celebration at Cal Expo in Sacramento, as part of an EV exhibit/demo, and probably another day that week at a Roseville, CA celebration.

I see lots of chatter on the board about diff Earth Day events. Where will you be?

April 19, Noon – 4pm, UW Bothell Earth Day. At UW-Bothell/Cascadia campus, 18115 Campus Way NE, Bothell WA. Open to the public, free.
April 20, 8am – 4pm, Microsoft Commons Earth Day. At Microsoft Commons, 15255 NE 40th ST, Redmond WA. For Microsoft employees and their guests.
April 21, 10am-3pm. Newcastle Earth Day at 13058 SE 84th Way in Newcastle, WA. Open to the public, free. There are also events in Mercer Island and Chelan that day, but I'll have to miss those.
April 22, Noon – 4pm, Bayview Corner Earth Day. 5603 Bayview Road, Langley WA. Open to the public, free.

Bring your Teslas to Revenge of the Electric Car and meet the director Chris Paine!

Wednesday April 18, 2012.
White Plains, NY!

Teslas gather at 5 pm! So far we have 3 coming: Bob with the Silver Avenger, Ian #1319-- beautiful black!, and Anne (the red "Torquey" #1316)
Movie at 6!
Discussion to follow!
Interested?
Send an e mail to [email protected] or go to the website "Revenge of the Electric Car" Directed by Chris Paine - Eventbrite
and order your tickets!

Sponsored by Federated Conservationists of Westchester County, Inc. (FCWC)
Ph. (914) 422-4053
Fax (914) 422-4180

[email protected] or [email protected]
Federated Conservationists of Westchester County | Home
78 North Broadway, E House
White Plains, NY 10603

Going to Earth Day in Santa Barbara, of course! The event is only 5 miles from home. The major (at the time!) oil spill in 1969 started real concern for the environment and the first Earth Day was right here in response to that oil spill. From last years event, I ran out and bought my Tesla and my wife started beekeeping. We already had solar panels generating our electricity. We are so Green, it makes me wanna pulk!

... If you're going to puke, try to hit the compost pile. :)

I though he said "pulk". Thought he meant "sulk" or "push" or maybe "he was going to Polka!

There are many Earthday events and schools and businesses all around LA. Some on weekdays that I may be able to attend (work permitting) and as I said on the other thread the SB Earthday is the best event of all.

I have bees and solar panels, too. And I have a second EV on order, to replace my ICE.

... If you're going to puke, try to hit the compost pile. :)

Hey Bonnie and Timothy, where did you get your bees from? I live in the bay area and have been trying to get a swarm for the box i built last year. (the nearest place I could find that sold bulk bees was in chico and I don't really want to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back).

And what is an "ICE"?
-Drew

Hey Bonnie and Timothy, where did you get your bees from? I live in the bay area and have been trying to get a swarm for the box i built last year. (the nearest place I could find that sold bulk bees was in chico and I don't really want to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back).

And what is an "ICE"?
-Drew

A local beekeeper had an extra hive - but there are plenty of places online that will ship. Just google 'bee supplies'.

Hey Bonnie and Timothy, where did you get your bees from?
And what is an "ICE"?
-Drew
We have Santa Barbara Beekeepers Association which collects swarms and cut outs to give to members. Manybe there is a similar organization in the Bay Area. I'd go to HMS Beekeeping in the Mission District in the City Your Beekeeping Supply and Honey Shop and see what you can learn. A cool store and very helpful.

On the 18th I'll be part of a gallery of "exhibitors" for the office that I work at. I actually need to prep some material and would love pointers on one-stop-websites where I can get information about EV's and energy. I can talk to a lot of stuff but I have no references or exact numbers and would like to have those. Things like # of cars on the road, barrels of oil consumed per day (and how much of that is gasoline for automobiles), electricity used for refinement, average miles driven per day per person, general information about EVs available today and what's coming soon, etc ... I have a lot of research I need to do! I also need to do my taxes :smile: