TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What are you driving before getting a Tesla?

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by anticitizen13.7, Jan 17, 2013.

1. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Right now I am too poor to buy a Tesla:-(, but I definitely intend to purchase one in the future when the price comes down. Hopefully a Generation 3.0 sedan:smile:

For now I am driving an 8th Generation (2011) Honda Civic sedan. On the plus side, it was dirt cheap to buy outright, it has a manual transmission, and the suspension is actually pretty sporty. The downside is that the ride quality is pretty stiff, which I guess is the tradeoff for its go-cart like fun-ness. I get about 31 MPG combined. 26-27 MPG for local only driving. 39-40 MPG on the highway.

I hope it lasts long enough for me to save up for a Tesla.

2. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

BMW 650i. But the Tesla will be a fourth car and not replace anything.

3. Liz G

Liz G P03056

2006 Subaru Baja, which we will be keeping as the DTV (dog transport vehicle).

4. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Now a LEAF and a Buick Rendezvous. When the Model S arrives, the Buick goes.