Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are you guys doing while waiting for delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the worst part, right ?
You order the car, you are super hyped, and then you have to wait, days....weeks...even months in some cases.

What are you guys doing to try to stay calm and being actually ok with the wait ?

I could use some tips :D

Nice video. I wish I would have watched it before placing an order.

After I found out my initial 2 week order was no longer something that was going to happen I've kind of accepted it could be whenever, but it was hard for me then as I thought it could be any day now at the time.

This is what I'm doing to pass the time until I get a VIN:

1. Reading this forum with everyone else going through the same thing.
2. Checking the order spreadsheet to see what might be getting delivered out.
3. Refreshing Tezz.la to see how many total model 3s are in the US market. I currently see 7.
4. Checking every now and then for new model 3 VIN registrations by Tesla.
5. Reading about Tesla on Reddit.
6. Seeing what Elon Musk has been posting on Twitter lately.
7. Looking over the owner's manual.
8. Watching Tesla youtube videos.
9. Waiting for Doug Demuro to come out with a video over the Performance Model 3 since he mentioned it last week. I'm really curious to see how he likes and rates it since the updates from his original 2017 review.
10. Sometimes I even forget about Tesla when things like work come up.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: dillon
Nice video. I wish I would have watched it before placing an order.

After I found out my initial 2 week order was no longer something that was going to happen I've kind of accepted it could be whenever, but it was hard for me then as I thought it could be any day now at the time.

This is what I'm doing to pass the time until I get a VIN:

1. Reading this forum with everyone else going through the same thing.
2. Checking the order spreadsheet to see what might be getting delivered out.
2. Refreshing Tezz.la to see how many total model 3s are in the US market. I currently see 7.
3. Checking every now and then for new model 3 VIN registrations by Tesla.
4. Reading about Tesla on Reddit.
5. Seeing what Elon Musk has been posting on Twitter lately.
6. Looking over the owner's manual.
7. Watching Tesla youtube videos.
8. Waiting for Doug Demuro to come out with a video over the Performance Model 3 since he mentioned it last week. I'm really curious to see how he likes and rates it since the updates from his original 2017 review.
9. Sometimes I even forget about Tesla when things like work come up.
Omg we are twins

Except for your #3 I don’t know how to do that. Unless you’re talking about the spreadsheet. In which case yes I refresh that sucker pretty much every minute looking for VINs greater than 530,000.

Your 1-9 plus one more for me:

10) wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night receiving phantom “delivery scheduled” text messages.

Researching accessories, wrapping, ceramic coating and tint, shopping electricians for Home Wall Charger install. reviewing you tube videos,
Estimating I'll spend between $5K-7K after purchase for everything
Lol, same thing I have been doing. picked up a nice Elon signature series wall charger on ebay for 400 from someone who didnt want theirs from referrals. Been watching tons of videos, but still have a long wait. Wife has been giving me hell for the amount of money I want to spend on accessories *before* the car is even here :)

• Funny
Reactions: dillon
13) angrily counting the number of Model 3s I see driving around that aren’t owned by me :D

Haha. You added the ones I didn't think about as well. I have a good bit of days where one is either stuck in traffic behind me or in front making me look at it. It's been my biggest entertainment for traffic watching the autopilot do its thing.

This is the website I was looking at for VINs, but I haven't seen an update since 9/22.

Model 3 VINs

Haha. You added the ones I didn't think about as well. I have a good bit of days where one is either stuck in traffic behind me or in front making me look at it. It's been my biggest entertainment for traffic watching the autopilot do its thing.

This is the website I was looking at for VINs, but I haven't seen an update since 9/22.

Model 3 VINs
There’s a 537,168 on the spreadsheet. Hopefully this means a thousand cars were built since model3vins was last updated!