Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are you guys doing while waiting for delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting in as much time as I can on my AP1 refresh model S 60D.

Watching youtube videos and analyzing how V10 autopilot handles situations.
Learning more about the model 3.
Deciding how soon I want to replace the included 20" tires with 18" TSS tires. The forums have taught me that I should probably just include the cost of the wheels and tires into the cost of the car if i'm concerned about potholes.

Given that my Oct 11 order may never materialize - I’m really not getting my hopes up. When Tesla shows that the Fremont factory is producing N American cars -I might have a glimmer of hope. This “drought” of cars at Tesla tells me that they could do nothing but send them overseas for months. Too much hype and bad information.

I also know that after Tesla switches to US production, I likely have 30,000 cars (possibly more) ahead of me.

Sorry, its hard to get excited yet.

Given that my Oct 11 order may never materialize - I’m really not getting my hopes up. When Tesla shows that the Fremont factory is producing N American cars -I might have a glimmer of hope. This “drought” of cars at Tesla tells me that they could do nothing but send them overseas for months. Too much hype and bad information.

I also know that after Tesla switches to US production, I likely have 30,000 cars (possibly more) ahead of me.

Probably should cancel your order.

production is definitely back on. My car left fremont yesterday. You ordered two days before I did. Yours must be soon

Reactions: dillon
production is definitely back on. My car left fremont yesterday. You ordered two days before I did. Yours must be soon
How do you know that production is back on? Is your VIN number over 530,000?

Lets try to get 2-3 people to say (for real!) that they have a new car hit their order - with a Vin number over 530,000 - and that Tesla confirms it is actually coming.

If we see even 3 cars coming, then production has started at Fremont for N. America. Then I will hold out with some hope.

Lets try to get 2-3 people to say (for real!) that they have a new car hit their order - with a Vin number over 530,000 - and that Tesla confirms it is actually coming.

If we see even 3 cars coming, then production has started at Fremont for N. America. Then I will hold out with some hope.
I can confirm my car is above that number. And I saw a screen cap from the service center showing my vin and the date it was assembled in the factory.

I can confirm my car is above that number. And I saw a screen cap from the service center showing my vin and the date it was assembled in the factory.
So the date it was assembled was not long ago? May I ask what date?

I'm a little confused, what happened to the car that they took away from you? Has Tesla given you another one to make up for it? If so, that would explain why your order is being fulfilled now.

A few weeks ago we rented a Model 3 from Turo for a weekend, which is the ultimate test drive. 300 miles and three days later, we were sold on the Model 3.

A great thing to do when whiling away “6-10 weeks” is to drive one and learn about this unique car. Check turo.com to see is anyone in your area is renting theirs. Rates are typically ~$100/100 miles per day.

Reactions: dillon
So the date it was assembled was not long ago? May I ask what date?

I'm a little confused, what happened to the car that they took away from you? Has Tesla given you another one to make up for it? If so, that would explain why your order is being fulfilled now.

it’s a long story I explained in another thread - but the short story in bullet points:

1. ordered oct 13
2. A day or two later I found a car matching my configuration a few states away. I called my SC. They matched me to the vin. The vin did NOT show up in my account, but it populated into my source code and I saw it there in the background.
3. Maybe a day or two after that I got the text to set up delivery. I got a choice of oct 25 or oct 26. It does not give you anything more than two days to choose from (I later found out this is on purpose to push you to pick up as soon as possible)
4. I called the SC, asked to push it back because I was leaving for vacation that day. They told me if I don’t claim it in 7 days from Oct 25 it will be given to the next person in line and I would go back in the queue. Knowing this, I pulled myself out of a family vacation just so I could be available to take delivery. I choose October 26.
5. Yesterday, I logged in and noticed I had a vin on my account, but it’s not the VIN I was matched to from the nearby state (and that was in the source code). Some calls and texts fly off , and no one knows what is going on
6. Today I get a call saying my original vin I was matched to was given away to someone else because it was cheaper for Tesla not to send it to me. I simultaneously got matched with a new VIN and that car was assembled yesterday in Fremont. So it’s still at the factory waiting to get picked up to be put on a train car

I rushed to get the wall connector and permits situated. Bought accessories. Replanned a family vacation. Took my wife off the registration and insurance. Basically did everything to make this very sudden delivery day work. And then they just took it away without warning.

my account still says oct 26 for delivery and has the new vin, but they told me it’s not possible for the car to go from California to my location on a train that quickly. They said it will be several weeks

Tesla sucks so far

it’s a long story I explained in another thread - but the short story in bullet points:

1. ordered oct 13
2. A day or two later I found a car matching my configuration a few states away. I called my SC. They matched me to the vin. The vin did NOT show up in my account, but it populated into my source code and I saw it there in the background.
3. Maybe a day or two after that I got the text to set up delivery. I got a choice of oct 25 or oct 26. It does not give you anything more than two days to choose from (I later found out this is on purpose to push you to pick up as soon as possible)
4. I called the SC, asked to push it back because I was leaving for vacation that day. They told me if I don’t claim it in 7 days from Oct 25 it will be given to the next person in line and I would go back in the queue. Knowing this, I pulled myself out of a family vacation just so I could be available to take delivery. I choose October 26.
5. Yesterday, I logged in and noticed I had a vin on my account, but it’s not the VIN I was matched to from the nearby state (and that was in the source code). Some calls and texts fly off , and no one knows what is going on
6. Today I get a call saying my original vin I was matched to was given away to someone else because it was cheaper for Tesla not to send it to me. I simultaneously got matched with a new VIN and that car was assembled yesterday in Fremont. So it’s still at the factory waiting to get picked up to be put on a train car

I rushed to get the wall connector and permits situated. Bought accessories. Replanned a family vacation. Took my wife off the registration and insurance. Basically did everything to make this very sudden delivery day work. And then they just took it away without warning.

my account still says oct 26 for delivery and has the new vin, but they told me it’s not possible for the car to go from California to my location on a train that quickly. They said it will be several weeks

Tesla sucks so far
OK. Thanks. So Tesla is now making N. American cars in Fremont - for sure.

Now, California to NJ on a train should NOT take a several weeks. Even Tesla could only screw it up to take 2-3 weeks. You live in a densely populated area and Fremont needs to get rid of new builds. Are you sure they weren't just full of it?

I just can't imagine it will take several weeks! Good luck.

I think we're there. I saw Netherlands VINs in the 530,000 range and then this morning a US car on tezz.la:
543052!

(While I wait) Going a little nuts on the spreadsheet. I put together average delivery time by state, city, color, trim. Even looked to see how average days to delivery changed each month based on the entries from others. Pretty interesting and makes me realize that I've not waited quite as long as I think. Even though it feels like an eternity.

Toss your order info and state and I'm happy to share :)