Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are you using your cyber truck for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what’s you reason for buying.

construction and towing

For me the main thing was toughness, strength.

Power will be awesome for merging on ramps and mountain roads with our tool trailer.

The strength of the body and windows will be great for the work site with idiots who can’t load stuff correctly or take care around vehicles. No more parking lot dents from rouge carts or other peoples doors.

Amount of storage looks awesome too as well as the ramp. That could be useful. The power outlets and compressor if spec’d high enough will be a great addition too. The air suspension will be nice to drop that tailgate down to load items or help unload items and the ability to adjust rear for tongue weight would be great too.

curious though what the options are if you do want to run a rack of some kind. I doubt they forgot that but who knows.

We have a farm where we raise beef cattle. We use a truck to (among other things):
Pull hay carts (up to 14,000 lb)
Drive on internal roads (sometimes muddy, through overhanging brush)
Deliver frozen beef (need freezer, long highway miles)
Since we have a large solar array, the power would be essentially free, the cybertruck seems close to perfect. We could even use the battery to charge remote fences, in a pinch.
I still think it is pretty ugly, but I can't resist that kind of functionality. I ordered one today.

Go anywhere... do anything. Performance on all fronts looks to be insane. This will be first vehicle of mine that will be equal parts thrilling speed/handling wise as well as bad A adventure mobile. Before Cybertruck you had to pick sports car or truck. Now you can have both rolled into one.

While I really enjoy my 3, I miss having a higher view of the road and ability to not worry about weather conditions and just head up to Tahoe or Yosemite in my primary vehicle. Now I have to use my Jeep for those drives.

Reactions: 5JMJ and gary3411
the most obvious answer: groceries

how else are we going to resurrect the phrase "grocery getter"?

CyberTruck shopping Cart buster.jpg

I'm a little bummed you cant get the larger battery without the Tri motor. I don't really care about the performance, so I'm hoping the 300+ for the dual motor is more like 300++ ( 350ish?) Range
I need to be able to tow our RV trailer, boat, and flat bed trailer up some hills so the torque is going to be amazing!

Reactions: 365gtb4