TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What are you using your cyber truck for?

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by Brekfst, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Brekfst

Brekfst Member

So what’s you reason for buying.

construction and towing

For me the main thing was toughness, strength.

Power will be awesome for merging on ramps and mountain roads with our tool trailer.

The strength of the body and windows will be great for the work site with idiots who can’t load stuff correctly or take care around vehicles. No more parking lot dents from rouge carts or other peoples doors.

Amount of storage looks awesome too as well as the ramp. That could be useful. The power outlets and compressor if spec’d high enough will be a great addition too. The air suspension will be nice to drop that tailgate down to load items or help unload items and the ability to adjust rear for tongue weight would be great too.

curious though what the options are if you do want to run a rack of some kind. I doubt they forgot that but who knows.

2. greenboy

greenboy Member

Just getting it because it looks cool and the specs are same as model 3. Own model 3 now and would have to trade it in. Maybe will sober up by then and cancel the truck order. But I really love it.

3. corduroy

corduroy Member

To blast around in the snow and bad weather and not give a f#ck. To pull a boat or trailer occasionally. To go camping. Transporting big home improvement materials from home depot. etc.

• Like x 1
  4. Radpeds1

Radpeds1 New Member

1. Range = 500 miles
    2. Toughness of exoskeleton
    3. Towing capacity

5. azimrin

azimrin New Member

We have a farm where we raise beef cattle. We use a truck to (among other things):
    Pull hay carts (up to 14,000 lb)
    Drive on internal roads (sometimes muddy, through overhanging brush)
    Deliver frozen beef (need freezer, long highway miles)
    Since we have a large solar array, the power would be essentially free, the cybertruck seems close to perfect. We could even use the battery to charge remote fences, in a pinch.
    I still think it is pretty ugly, but I can't resist that kind of functionality. I ordered one today.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  6. TonyT

TonyT Member

An extra icon in my account.. It's going to be 2 years before I see anything. Lots of time to think about it. I've been wanting something the comfortably seats 6 in a EV. I've been considering the X, however 3rd row is tight.

• Like x 1
  7. gary3411

gary3411 Member

Outdoor recreation off the beaten bath. Kayaks, canoes, skis, mountain bikes, wild game, sleeping in the bed, etc. First electric car under 50k you can do all this with more than 2 people.

8. sparcs

sparcs Active Member

the most obvious answer: groceries

how else are we going to resurrect the phrase "grocery getter"?

9. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

Hopefully they figure out they need to drill some holes in the bed for wild game.

10. JG T3SLA

JG T3SLA Member

Go anywhere... do anything. Performance on all fronts looks to be insane. This will be first vehicle of mine that will be equal parts thrilling speed/handling wise as well as bad A adventure mobile. Before Cybertruck you had to pick sports car or truck. Now you can have both rolled into one.

While I really enjoy my 3, I miss having a higher view of the road and ability to not worry about weather conditions and just head up to Tahoe or Yosemite in my primary vehicle. Now I have to use my Jeep for those drives.

• Like x 2
  11. gary3411

gary3411 Member

Not really necessary, and you can always drill your own.

12. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Going to Costco, denting other trucks and shuttling mountain bikes off the beaten path.

• Funny x 1
  13. seekerwithin

seekerwithin Member

Stainless steel
    Just hose it out.

14. hridge2020

hridge2020 Member

CyberTruck shopping Cart buster.jpg

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 1
  15. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

• Funny x 1
  16. Hank42

Hank42 Member

To piss off my elite neighbors

• Funny x 1
  17. Blup85

Blup85 Member

I'm a little bummed you cant get the larger battery without the Tri motor. I don't really care about the performance, so I'm hoping the 300+ for the dual motor is more like 300++ ( 350ish?) Range
    I need to be able to tow our RV trailer, boat, and flat bed trailer up some hills so the torque is going to be amazing!

• Like x 1
  18. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Active Member

parts hauling, car towing, track car support vehicle, home improvement tasks, avoiding 9mm rounds, and steel balls...

19. P3dStealth

P3dStealth Member

Commuting to the train station and back. Going to Target and Applebee's. Maybe Costco once a month.

• Like x 1
  20. Brekfst

Brekfst Member

So basically everything.

I am curious of the rack options though. I see the utility track is the airline type which is very high quality so hopefully there’s something cool with the track.