Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your favorite “little things” about your MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 pedal driving is great... until you get into another car and you don't slow down as fast you you are expecting and you have to *gasp* use the friction brakes.
Having a full-ish tank every morning. Since they recommend only charging to 80%, you have an almost full tank of energy.
Dog mode is great. Always works, and providing someone doesn't smash your window to "rescue" the dog which was sitting in a nice A/C car. Abstract Ocean has some cute decals to put on the windows to avoid that.
Beach Buggy - if you have a X-Box controller, it helps to kill some time while sitting in the nice dog mode car. Very similar to Mario Karts.
if you want to use a wireless controller, as I do, you will need a Controller adapter that plugs into a USB port that will "talk" to your wireless controller.
I also like the auto wipers and auto high beam. They work well for me.
Over the air updates, so your car can be "improved". There are risks with this but so far I've received 5 updates and the car hasn't been "bricked" yet. Of course, I always wait a few days before installing the update just in case.
The acceleration.

1. No keys! I love walking up the car and opening it without messing with keys! I also love not having a bulky key fob in my pocket. Now if only I could find a way to not need my wallet!

2. No need to spend time pumping gas. I always seemed to need gas when I was running late for something, when it was awful weather, or both.

3. Being able to turn on the heat and seat warmer in advance so I can walk right into a comfortable car.

4. The instant power when I need it!

5. Saving so much money using electricity over gas! My MPG equivalent is about 100 and that's amazing!

6. Looking forward to updates/new features!

Things specific to Tesla, not available on other vehicles include over-the-air updates, Sentry mode, the multiple camera built-in dashcam and the Supercharger Network. Also Tesla Mobile Service (wherever this is available.)

The acceleration.

Get in and drive, stop and walk away. I am so used to it that when I drove my wife’s SUV and parked, as I was walking away she asked me if I had forgotten anything, like shutting off the engine, pulling out the key, locking the door.

Haven’t been to a gas station in six months.

FSD, even in its current iteration.

Kept me out of what would have been my first accident in 50 years of driving. It saw something coming fast I had not and actively avoided it, would have been a five car accident at 80 mph.

Dashcam.

All the comments, waves, and thumbs up, nearly all from young people. And one grandmother. :)

The other day I was listening to a song on Spotify on my Google Nest Hub in the kitchen, went upstairs and my phone took over the song, then back down to the garage, got into the car and it was playing there, all seamlessly, nary a skip or jump.

Get in and drive, stop and walk away. I am so used to it that when I drove my wife’s SUV and parked, as I was walking away she asked me if I had forgotten anything, like shutting off the engine, pulling out the key, locking the door.
Lol.. did the same thing with my wife's Honda Pilot... I just got out and walked away... and I even left the key in the ignition with the engine running :p... her comment "what is wrong with you?". After driving the MY for a while regular cars seem antiquated, not user friendly and very inefficient.

Last edited: