Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your favorite aftermarket accessories for MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting for delivery for my Model Y. Wondering what kind of accessories I should buy? Thanks.

There are too many to mention. LOL. Let’s start with all weather mats. I bought Tesmanian. Good reviews and won’t break the bank, there are others. Console wrap to get rid of piano gloss black that attracts dust, scratches and fingerprints. An SSD or USB device for Sentry Mode/Dash Cam, screen protector to reduce glare and scratches. What I did was go on youtube and type in “best Model Y accessories” and you’ll find plenty of video reviews. I am a big fan of Ryan Shaw, Andy Slye, Bearded Tesla Guy, Gjeebs. It’s a fun albeit expensive road to go down. Good luck..

For me, it was the Modern Spare. I've plugged many, many tires in my 60 years of driving, but I always had a spare too. 2nd was my RPM sun screen for the glass roof (will probably remove it this week), 3rd was the performance upgrade and last on my list, but not because they aren't wonderful (they are!!) the Tesmanian floor mats.

I haven't yet taken delivery of mine, but have a ton of stuff ordered already.

Jeda USB hub/charging pad, Carbon fiber vinyl wrap for all interior trims, hidden compartment for armrest, bright LED replacement bulbs, headlight tint film, Volk TE37 Ultra 19x9.5 wheels, Maxpider 3D floor mats, RPM Tesla road noise reduction kit, carbon fiber stalk covers, carbon fiber turn signal covers and carbon fiber door sill covers

I haven't yet taken delivery of mine, but have a ton of stuff ordered already.

Jeda USB hub/charging pad, Carbon fiber vinyl wrap for all interior trims, hidden compartment for armrest, bright LED replacement bulbs, headlight tint film, Volk TE37 Ultra 19x9.5 wheels, Maxpider 3D floor mats, RPM Tesla road noise reduction kit, carbon fiber stalk covers, carbon fiber turn signal covers and carbon fiber door sill covers

Looking forward to seeing the Volks on your ride.. I'm very happy with my Maxpider mats

Tesmanian floor mats (front and rears) as well as the cargo area. They are very minimal looking with no branding. Works great and the fit/finish were perfect.

I got front PPF wrapped, kind of a no brainer, just nice to not worry too much about dings.

VarioBarrier HR to keep my pup from flying through the windshield from the cargo area in case of a head-on accident. She's pretty big so she might not fit through anyway, but out of an abundance of caution, we got it. She wouldn't climb over, but it would help keep them back there if that was the case. I got the small, and didn't need the top part.

Quick Bandit front-plate holder. Easy to put on when I'm driving into the city to park (San Francisco), but easy off otherwise.

Do the floormats look good? I don't really like the look of them in the pictures but wonder how noticiable they'd be in person.
I’m happy with them. When I got them (before I took delivery of my Y), I thought they were too plasticky and wasn’t sure I’d like them but once I installed them I’ve had no regrets. Very happy with them.
For reference, my last two cars were using the OEM all weather rubber floor mats from Audi and BMW.

My three favorite things so far: 3) Matte screen protector, 2) Ceramic Window/roof tint, 1) Acceleration Boost!
A084C8B9-AB37-4627-A827-F68FF564D4F4.jpeg

Currently on the car:

Exterior - 20x8.5 f 20x9.5 Enkei XM-6's with Yokohama all seasons since I live in the mid atlantic. Much lighter than the factory 21's. Another must haves are PPF (got the full front end done) and window tint (30% front windows).

Also have some carbon fiber mirror covers and carbon fiber front fender camera covers.

Interior - full real carbon fiber dash, real carbon fiber center console, carbon fiber stalk covers, carbon fiber door sill covers. Can't stand fake carbon fiber wraps... That's the type of stuff you see for sale at Autozone. Also have the Tesmanian floor mats. Must have would be a screen cover (have the one from Abstract Ocean). And for an SSD, I have one from PureTesla.

Still waiting on a Jeda hub and a custom carbon fiber steering wheel.

I'm dropping my car off at a shop Thursday to have the Unplugged Performance springs and a front carbon fiber front lip and rear wing from Maier Racing put on. Should look fairly complete.

Last edited:
I was actually considering these. My concern was they they wouldn't stick to the wheel. I'm curious why you hate them?
They ripped right off when I hit the curbs, which was exactly what my roommate told me that happened to him. Instead of just scratch, I was left with glue residue, tape residue AND scratches. Plus I was out additional $90 for the stupid rimsaver. And it was pain to remove them from the rest of my wheels.

Reactions: Herroweric
They ripped right off when I hit the curbs, which was exactly what my roommate told me that happened to him. Instead of just scratch, I was left with glue residue, tape residue AND scratches. Plus I was out additional $90 for the stupid rimsaver. And it was pain to remove them from the rest of my wheels.

Oh, well that is pointless. I'll be sure to skip the "rimsaver", thanks.

Waiting for delivery for my Model Y. Wondering what kind of accessories I should buy? Thanks.

Tesla Accessories - Acquired

Jack Pucks – Amazon - needed the day I drove back from picking up the car and got a nail. Garage did not have them, nor knowledge of needing them!

Tire Repair Kit – Tesla

SD card and reader – Amazon

Garage Opener – Tesla

Console Wrap – Nikola Pro – not successful

Console Wrap – Basenor leather – not successful

ABS White Console “wrap” – great

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax

Microfiber Cloth - Amazon

Pedal covers - Amazon

Considered but not acquired

Screen Protector – Evanex 19.95, Elon 69.99, AO 25.99, RPM Tesla 35 - May not need

Lug Nut Set – Amazon If going w/o hubcaps. Hubcaps are fine.

Floor Mats – Autailors not needed

Phone charging cable - not needed

USB Hub – Taptes - not needed[/QUOTE]

Love my Tesmanian mats (also bought rear seat back protectors and gen 2 sun shade. All awesome.

considering the Jada hub and possibly the charging mat but unsure as to why the Tesla version needs an upgrade. (I have only had my car 3 weeks)